• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

timeout

Hello,

I cant login,create account or checkout...

The error message is: the operation timed out when attempting to connect to.... my domain...

What do I have to do, please please please ?

Nic

Hello,

I cant login,create account or checkout...

The error message is: the operation timed out when attempting to connect to.... my domain...

What do I have to do, please please please ?

Nic

Are you on a shared server?

What is your internet connection?

The server connection it timing out. Problably because it is overloaded.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

I have my own domain with godaddy..

My connection is with ADSL 1MB

All works except those 3: loging,checkout and create an account....

Hmm. Could be the ssl.

Are you using a shared ssl with godaddy?

Post a link to your site too so I can poke around a bit.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

I found the solution: here it is:

Here's the quick install guide.

1. Create a blank database via your web hosting control panel.

2. Download the osCommerce 2.2 MS2 zip file from the downloads section of www.oscommerce.com, unzip it and extract the 'catalog' folder.

3. If you want your shop to be available at http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog then upload the whole of the catalog folder to the root directory of your website via FTP. If you want the site to be available at http://www.yourdomain.com then just upload all of the contents of the catalog folder, but not the folder itself.

4. Make sure that the permissions on all of the folders are set to 755, and if that does not work then set them to 777. Make sure that the includes/configure.php file and the admin/includes/configure.php file are set to 777 for the duration of the install. Once the install is complete reset to 644, 444, or 400 depending on your server setup.

5. Then go to http://www.yourdomain.com/install and begin the install procedure. Your DB Server will probably be 'localhost', your db user name and password (for mysql access) will have been provided to you by your web hosting company. The name of the database you already know - because you just set it up. Do not enable SSL, elect to store sessions in the database and not files (untick the box), and do not enable persistent connections.

6. After the install create a folder called 'backups' inside the 'admin' folder (via FTP), and delete the install folder. Reset permissions on the two configure.php files.

7. Password Protect your 'admin' folder

using the Password Protect feature in your web hosting control panel.

My site is sonostuffs.com/catalog

thanks a lot for trying to help !

Hi there I just logged in and created a test account no problem.

You did do a backup? eh?

Archived