• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing Subcategory Images

staradmire

I know this is just a simple thing. I remember doing it in the first store I installed quite a while back. I have searched this site and can not find it anywhere. I am sure it just the simple wording of the search. I have changed it and still nothing.

Can someone please tell me how to remove the images from the subcategories and just show the text?

I know this is just a simple thing. I remember doing it in the first store I installed quite a while back. I have searched this site and can not find it anywhere. I am sure it just the simple wording of the search. I have changed it and still nothing.

Can someone please tell me how to remove the images from the subcategories and just show the text?

Search your index.php for lines that contain this phrase..... backup before you play.

SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT)

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Search your index.php for lines that contain this phrase..... backup before you play.

SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT)

I do not remember doing any of that. I thought there was a simple way of taking the sub category pictures off. Any other ideas out there?

in your administration tool area under Configuration go to Images > Image Required and set that to "false" - then simple edit/update all your subcategories without images (empty image fields)...

I did this and now the option to change to true or false is done. It will not let me turn it back on. I try to now the field is just blank. Now what do I do? And the subcatergory images are still there.

to remove subcat images...

- in your administration tool area under Configuration go to Images > Image Required and set that to "false"

- then simple edit/update all your subcategories without images (empty image fields)...

- then when viewing pages click your browser's refresh button - else you might be viewing old versions of you pages from your cache

-------------------------------------------------------

???

> I did this and now the option to change to true or false is done.

-- ok

> It will not let me turn it back on.

-- why? if you really want - click the edit button

> I try to now the field is just blank.

-- what are you refering to - there is no "feild" for 'true' / 'false' in Images > Image Required - it's an option that gets ticked -- are you refering to the field for display images???

> Now what do I do? And the subcatergory images are still there.

-- click your browser's refresh button - else you might be viewing old versions of you pages from your cache

to remove subcat images...

- in your administration tool area under Configuration go to Images > Image Required and set that to "false"

- then simple edit/update all your subcategories without images (empty image fields)...

- then when viewing pages click your browser's refresh button - else you might be viewing old versions of you pages from your cache

-------------------------------------------------------

???

> I did this and now the option to change to true or false is done.

-- ok

> It will not let me turn it back on.

-- why? if you really want - click the edit button

> I try to now the field is just blank.

-- what are you refering to - there is no "feild" for 'true' / 'false' in Images > Image Required - it's an option that gets ticked -- are you refering to the field for display images???

> Now what do I do? And the subcatergory images are still there.

-- click your browser's refresh button - else you might be viewing old versions of you pages from your cache

I did that. What I meant by it was done. Meaning now the option will not let me change it back. Anything that I click in admin once I change it.. click update.. it clears... and will not let me change it back to anything. I had a backup .. tried to upload the backup and half way thru it goes to page can not be displayed. Not sure what happened but now I have to uninstall my store and reinstall it. I had it up and running just wanted to get rid of the category pictures. WHAT A MESS.

Archived