• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No STS Link after clean install of STS4.2HTC2.5.9

feenymo

Hi All,

I just made a clean installation of STS4.2 with HTC2.5.9. Everything went smoothly according to manual. However, STS link didn't show up after finish "install the database changes" step. How should I fix this?

Many thanks for help!

Feenymo

Hi All,

I just made a clean installation of STS4.2 with HTC2.5.9. Everything went smoothly according to manual. However, STS link didn't show up after finish "install the database changes" step. How should I fix this?

Many thanks for help!

Feenymo

John,

Somehow your installation went bad. It could have just been a bad FTP upload or whatever. Try uploading your files again.

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks Bill for the quick response.

I'm a bit confused about the file structure described in the installation manal, which says copy the files from the folder "clean_osc/catalog" over your catalog.

In the STSv4.2HTC2.5.9, under clean_osc, i don't see a "catalog" folder, instead found two folders: "admin" and "includes" plus some .sql files. On the other hand, under store / i found "catalog", there is no "admin" subfolder (there is "admin" folder under /root in parallel woth catalog folder). There are "includes" subfolders under both "admin" and "catalog". My question is that do we need copy everything under clean_osc to catalog folder? in that case, we will add an "admin" folder under "catalog" in osCommence store, whil nothing will change for the existing "admin" folder under /.

I apologize for these basic questions as I'm new to OSc community and I guess I have a long way to get used to all the basic stuffs.

Thanks again!

John

Thanks Bill for the quick response.

I'm a bit confused about the file structure described in the installation manal, which says copy the files from the folder "clean_osc/catalog" over your catalog.

In the STSv4.2HTC2.5.9, under clean_osc, i don't see a "catalog" folder, instead found two folders: "admin" and "includes" plus some .sql files. On the other hand, under store / i found "catalog", there is no "admin" subfolder (there is "admin" folder under /root in parallel woth catalog folder). There are "includes" subfolders under both "admin" and "catalog". My question is that do we need copy everything under clean_osc to catalog folder? in that case, we will add an "admin" folder under "catalog" in osCommence store, whil nothing will change for the existing "admin" folder under /.

I apologize for these basic questions as I'm new to OSc community and I guess I have a long way to get used to all the basic stuffs.

Thanks again!

John

Catalog Directory

The catalog directory exists inside the oscommerce-X directory created by extracting the osCommerce download package (where X is the osCommerce version number).

Web Server Document Path

The web server document path is the directory where the web server has been configured to look for the HTML/PHP files to serve to the public. Example web server document paths are:

• /home/hpdl/public_html/
  • /srv/www/htdocs/
  • /usr/local/htdocs/

If the catalog directory is kept and copied to, for example, /home/hpdl/public_html/catalog/, the web server public address would be http://www.my-server.com/catalog/'>http://www.my-server.com/catalog/.

If the osCommerce installation is to reside on the root path, for example http://www.my-server.com/, then the files within the catalog directory should be copied over and not the actual catalog directory itself.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE