• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Do you now need an account to pay with credit card via PayPal?

sarah1980

Last week my PayPal payment screen changed. It used to have something like this:

"If you don't have a PayPal account click here to enter your card details"

Now it has:

"Click here to create an account"

Already I can see that this is discouraging people from purchasing (and some are previous customers!).

Has this changed on everyone's PayPal payment page or is it just me?

Is there any way to make it go back to how it was?

Sarah

Last week my PayPal payment screen changed. It used to have something like this:

Now it has:

Already I can see that this is discouraging people from purchasing (and some are previous customers!).

Sarah

Just checked mine and it seems to be OK.

NB: I have heard that PayPal are testing a new system which takes credit cards only and where PayPal will be invisible to customers. This will be good for the likes of you and me in that our customers won't have to mess about avoiding PayPal notices everywhere! However, because it combines credit card payments with a merchant account, we will probably have to pay for it. Further, there could be conflicts between the free merchant credit card service (however imperfect) which we enjoy now and the new one. In other words, those of us who use PayPal mainly for the free credit card facility, may be obliged to enroled in the new system.

Now it has:

Hi there,

I noticed that you are using a paypal account system, can you tell me if you fnd this a viable method of collecting payment?

I ask this, as I am just building a website for my first online shop and have several differing views on the benefits of Paypal. I have been told that paypal "screams" amatuer...and Worldpay is better...can you enlighten me! I really dont know

Kind Regards

Samm

Sarah

Edited by Shake