• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customized product - Is it easy to do in OSCommerce

ssquare

I am new to OSCommerce and have a novice question. If I want to sell a product that is cusotmizable - i.e. six different parameters can be selected by the user (like color, height, angle ...), and the user selection will determine the final price of the product, meaning a black product could cost different from white.

Additionally, the user should be able to cofigure mutlipe of these product in the same page (Think of a hard drive where the user is ordering two hard drive, one for 5400 RPM, 60 GB, and another one for 7200 RPM/80 GB.) For ease of use I just want to have a page, where the user can select upto 10 different customized product without navigating away from the page. The final price will depend on what actual configuration the user has choosen, and how many of each of those the user has choosen. I have the logic coded to determine the price in javascript.

Is it something doable in OSCommerce. Any pointers would be really helpful.

Thanks

Ssquare

• 6 months later...

use the stock product attributes and there are attribute related contributions that can enhance the attributes default functionality

Archived