• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Section not seeing image directory

RamseyGarnica

I transferred an OSCommerce database to another server and it works great. But the company needed me to put it on yet another server. So I did, and once again, everything works great, except for the admin directory. For some reason, the admin directory cannot see the image directory for the products. The image directory is there, showing the images like it's suppost to, but the admin directory insists that it cannot find it, thus no new product images can be uploaded. What gets me is I have not changed any of the code scince it last worked on the other server. I did set the permissions on the image directory to 777 in hopes to fix the problem, but that didn't work. I've been looking at the code non stop for 2 day's now, and Im lost. Does any body have any idea what might be happing or have and idea on a direction to point me in to fix this?

I transferred an OSCommerce database to another server and it works great. But the company needed me to put it on yet another server. So I did, and once again, everything works great, except for the admin directory. For some reason, the admin directory cannot see the image directory for the products. The image directory is there, showing the images like it's suppost to, but the admin directory insists that it cannot find it, thus no new product images can be uploaded. What gets me is I have not changed any of the code scince it last worked on the other server. I did set the permissions on the image directory to 777 in hopes to fix the problem, but that didn't work. I've been looking at the code non stop for 2 day's now, and Im lost. Does any body have any idea what might be happing or have and idea on a direction to point me in to fix this?

Okay, I figured out the issue ( and it was quite simple ). So if this problem happens to anyone else, here is the mistake I made.

When you first set up your oscommerce site, it finds the path to your root folder for you and sticks it in. Now When I simply copied the code to a site on another server, all I changed with the path to the folder where I put the "catalog" folder in. When you do that, everything will work except when the admin spot looks and see's that the path to the root directory is wrong. So i simply started over with installing oscommerce and bingo, it works ( altho all that I needed to do was change the path to the root directory in the configure.php pages )

Archived