• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HTML and osCommerce

halltristan

Ok, I'm very new at this and I've been confused about how word what I'm asking about, but I think I have it now. I want to buy an osCommerce front end template and use osCommerce for the back end of the store. But I need to be able to make a few of the categories on the store front template link to html pages - such as a customer service area or a services area. Those pages (customer servce and services) I need to be able to edit through frontpage. Is this possible? Or would it be better to use a php editor?

Again, I don't want to try and edit a store front page... I want to link completly out of the store front into an html page. But I want the store front to be the first page customers come to.

Ok, I'm very new at this and I've been confused about how word what I'm asking about, but I think I have it now. I want to buy an osCommerce front end template and use osCommerce for the back end of the store. But I need to be able to make a few of the categories on the store front template link to html pages - such as a customer service area or a services area. Those pages (customer servce and services) I need to be able to edit through frontpage. Is this possible? Or would it be better to use a php editor?

Again, I don't want to try and edit a store front page... I want to link completly out of the store front into an html page. But I want the store front to be the first page customers come to.

You would need to edit your categories box. Add the links in the same way as you would in html. Just be sure to encasulate them with the proper php tags.

For example this is the standard code the displays your categories list.

tep_show_category($first_element);

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $categories_string);

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

This is the same code altered to link to a standard html page outside of the oscommerce area

tep_show_category($first_element);

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => $categories_string);$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="../../../catalog/products_coming_soon.php">Coming Soon</a><br>' .
				  '<a href="../../../catalog/products_new.php">New Releases</a><br>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

Although it would be much easier to make those links on part of the template that is NOT effected by the engine.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Archived