• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Qty Product Info

Jack_mcs

This is not a new contribution, nor is it mine. It was abandoned and not working. I needed to get it working for someone and could not find a support thread for it. So I started this thread and uploaded the fixed version. I don't plan on supporting it due to time constraints but will try to help if there are problems.

This contribution allows the product attributes to be diplayed in a table format with quantity boxes for each.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack_mcs ,

This is very useful contribution. Thanks God for the Great people like you! Caring and want to help. A few weeks ago I was desperately, looking for this contribution. I wanted to display products in cases: Case of 10, Case of 50?. Of cores each case has different price, different weight and different size ( this is for the shipping with dimension , and taxes ) . Also I did not want to display it as a list , but as the radio buttons . I found a few contributions. I was almost done, but today I discovered that the radio buttons on my page don?t work with Firefox. I don?t have even idea where to look to fix it. Now I must to redo my work. I am frustrated. I think about yours contribution to finish the job.

Is there any chance to see it as working example - link ? Picture is worth thousand words.

Thanks

Many thanks to the contributors for working on this one. For two weeks I have tried to install a change where one product could be an option of another one. I couldn't find a contribution for that. After getting balled up in the necessary shopping cart changes, I decided it would serve the same purpose if I could just get a quantity on the options values. For example, a customer wants to order 3 anodes, model ABC, with 68 feet of optional cable attached to each one.

I tried the contributions one more time, and there (posted the same day!) is attribute quantities. I hope I understand correctly what this contribution does; I am trying it today! It may not be a direct plug-in for me, because the version numbers in our osCommerce look like 1.7, 1.280, etc. But it will still be easier than reinventing it on my own.

I'll post again when I have results to share.

Sincerely

Monty.

www.brancekrachy.com

Looks like this contribution is not exactly what I need, but it gets me started. In order to have product option values available in different quantities (for example, ordering 3 anodes with 50 feet of cable each, and 1 anode with 70 feet) I am still having to overhaul the structure of the shopping cart.

What this contribution actually does (without my mods) is to allow multiple products to be ordered with different option values. For example, 5 red boards and 2 blue boards could be added to the shopping cart with one visit to product_info.

The functions are very different, but the attribute quantity contribution has been a good starting point.

Hi Guys ,

I installed this contrib. to my web store. It works great for the different model price in the same category.

I am not able to create an ?Piece? option based on a product price.

To get option to display, there must be difference between base product price and an option price.

Which is ok (in my site) for cases. Case of 10 Pieces has different price then one piece.

But how to create option where client will be able to buy 1, 2 or more pieces. Price for the option - 1 piece is $0.00 what means it's the same as product price is. The option will not get displayed. To be honest, I did a trick which works, but I think this is not the right way.

I created option with the price difference that is $0.0001. Now I am able to show the option and client can buy 1 piece. However price of the piece is $3.0001 instead of $3.

Is there any other RIGHT way to create an option to sale 1,2 ... pieces?

Andrew

I don't think this contribution will do that for you, at least not without modification. But you could create a product for one piece and then install the price break contribution and setup a table for the other quantities.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Excuse me if this question is a bit foolish.

How do I enable the box that allows a customer to enter a product amount and then place it in his basket (At the product listing i.e.)

It should be displayed as part of the contribution. If you are not seeing it, you should go back through the instructions to see if you missed anything.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If I understand this contribution correctly, your product must be given "attributes" aka options and values, in order to enable that capability. In other words, you would go through the admin screens for attribute manager and products attributes to give your product some kind of attribute like a color or width. If your products have no attributes, this software would act like stock osCommerce which requires the shopper to choose the product first, put it in his basket, then adjust the quantity.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I get the contribution to work , but the reason I needed it was to add different product model numbers to each option. So if someone orders drivers side CV shafts it would have a different model number than the passenger side CV Shaft.

I found this in the description:

(currently commented out, just search for 'uncomment if you want to show the model number' and uncomment.

I run a hack that each attribute has a different model #)

Does this mean that I need to "Run a Hack"???

and how do I run this hack?

This contibution is for product attributes, which don't have model numbers. That comment in the code is from the original author and she was saying that the code in her shop has been edited somehow to give the attributes model numbers. So she included the code to display those model numbers but adding that ability is not part of this contribution. There might be a contribution that will do what you want. You would need to search the contributions section to find it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Guys,

I jus needed this for a client, and i decided to use this. Thanks Jack_MCS & Kathy for a wonderful contrib.

I did not want use the +/- to calculate my price..

so i did this

if ($products_options['price_prefix'] == '+') {
	   $price_with_attribute = ($product_info['products_price'] + $products_options['options_values_price']);
} else {
   $price_with_attribute = ($product_info['products_price'] - $products_options['options_values_price']);
   }

I changed it to

if ($products_options['price_prefix'] == '+') {
	   $price_with_attribute = ( $products_options['options_values_price']);
} else {
   $price_with_attribute = ( $products_options['options_values_price']);
   }

I am not adding any prefix while entering the attribute...

Is this the best way to do this? Let me know guys...

Thanks...

Converge

Looks like it might work but I haven't tried it. There is a contribution that will do that. It's called actual price or something like that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack,

I was just playing around, but i don't think it works, If i don't put in any prefix, it shows as "-" on the checkout page for some reason..

Any ideas how to remove the prefix completely???

Also did you refer to this mod?? Will it work in conjunction with the Attribute price qty mod???

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,actual+price

Let me know.... And thanks for your time. :)

Regards

Jack

Converge

You're not removing the symbol by changing the code as you did, you are removing the product price from the calcualtion. I thought that is what you were trying to do, which is why I mentioned the other contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The use of the symbol is pretty much ingrained in the code and is not a simple change. If you want that ability, installing the options type contribution is a better way to go, I think.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Great Contrib Jack!

I am wondering if you could assit... I cant seem to get the code in product info to work right with SPPC installed... I install to where i think your code should go but it thows a parse error... if i change it to next most logical it wont update the cart... I know this should be simple but it's past my skill level...

If i post or PM the code wouold you be able to help real quick?

Thanks Much!

I'm sorry but I don't use SPPC. I am familiar with it and have installed it, but I don't know the code enough to fix it without going through it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons