• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Qty Product Info

Jack_mcs

I can't seem to make this work. Am making sure mods work properly on a test cart before attempting full customization on real site. The list of options on product page is blank. Also if you put in a quantity and click "add to cart" it does not work. Any ideas what the problem could be?

http://kywebmaster.com/gcc/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=32

P.S. I am using this with SPPC. Everthing working good until now; test at each change.

Edited by roadrunner63

• 1 month later...

This contribution is great. Nice work. One quick question though...is there anyway that the quantity box is added only to a specific attribute and not to all of them? I only the quantity box to go on specific attributes and not on all of them . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your reply. If I give you a link of what I am looking to do would you be able to point me in the correct direction. Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is what I am trying to do ---> My link

Edited by dama

No, I already understand what you are asking for. The change isn't something ratteling around in my head. I would have to write and test the code, which isn't something I offer in a support thread.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Try to edit that three file and after compare it, all fine. But it is still the same like before and nothing change. Wonder if it is because of the register global?

I'm sorry but I've no idea what this is in referrence to.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry but I've no idea what this is in referrence to.

Sorry Jack for the blur statement. Ok,yesterday, I have installed the Attribute Qty Product Info V_3_1 that require me to edit three file:

catalog/product_info.php

catalog/includes/application_top.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

But after installed, it seems there is no changes at my store. I am using oscommerce version 2.2.

Hope get your advise

Have you setup attributes in admin?

Jack, a bit busy with real work last few days. Found the solution. Actually it is because of my broadband as when i am trying to upload the script, it hang haft way. That is why there is no changes in my admin side.

I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for answering my question.

Best regards.

• 1 month later...

Exactly.

Here on this page see what I mean, add 1 to your cart. It will give you 3, because it comes in 3 colors.

If you go here, & add 1 to your cart, you will get 2 - that items has 2 colors.

Every item that uses color or size options is doing that.

It was working ok, now all of a sudden it's not. I'm completely stumped as to what happened.

I am also having this kind of problem in my attributes. For example, I have one product with three attributes (att 1, att 2 and att 3). If I try to enter 3 quantity in att 2, att 1 and 3 will also be added in my shopping cart with 1 quantity. so a total of 5 quantities will be shown in my cart. I hope someone can help me with this one.

ohh.. yea, you will have to change the prices of all of the attributes.. unfortunately.

You can see it work here

Product Info Page

I visited your site and tried to add 1 quantity for one of your attributes and noticed that the only attribute being added to the shopping cart is the one where i entered a quantity. how did you do this? can you share your code with me so that i can see where i have gone wrong.

thanks.

Is it possible for this contribution to be modified in some way so that instead of listing all the attributes with a quantity box next to them, it will still have the dropdown box next to it but with the addition of a quantity box, like this;

Attribute option 1 [dropdown options] [Qty box]

Attribute option 2 [dropdown options] [Qty box]

Attribute option 3 [dropdown options] [Qty box]

Attribute option 4 [dropdown options] [Qty box]

Can anyone help me with this, I am a newbie to coding / PHP so I don't know how to modify things but this contribution is almost exactly what I need but with the addition of the original dropdown box.

I am also having this kind of problem in my attributes. For example, I have one product with three attributes (att 1, att 2 and att 3). If I try to enter 3 quantity in att 2, att 1 and 3 will also be added in my shopping cart with 1 quantity. so a total of 5 quantities will be shown in my cart. I hope someone can help me with this one.

I visited your site and tried to add 1 quantity for one of your attributes and noticed that the only attribute being added to the shopping cart is the one where i entered a quantity. how did you do this? can you share your code with me so that i can see where i have gone wrong.

thanks.

i hope someone can help me with this problem

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to implement this on my website. For the products that I am selling people need to be able to chose a size, colour, and model. Unfortunately I can only make it create one long list.

This is what it looks like on my site but ideally this is the end result Tthat I was looking for however would settle for something simpler without the "in stock" option.

Any help you could offer would be amazing!

Ed

It looks like the attributes are being created as you want and their formatting just needs to be changed. That is just a matter of changing the display code on the product page but it is something you have to figure out yourself or pay someone to do since it is specific to your shop.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for that, but just one thing. On the info.txt file that comes with the download there is the following:

6. Currently working with just one attribute option type (ex. size or color; not both). Had no need to edit

it but if you want just make:

tep_draw_hidden_field('b[]',$products_options_name['products_options_id']) in the product_info.php an array ;

then add another while or for loop in the application_top.php and it should work.

I'm pretty new to php coding and was wondering exactly whay I should be adding/changing to make it comply with this.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for that, but just one thing. On the info.txt file that comes with the download there is the following:

6. Currently working with just one attribute option type (ex. size or color; not both). Had no need to edit

it but if you want just make:

tep_draw_hidden_field('b[]',$products_options_name['products_options_id']) in the product_info.php an array ;

then add another while or for loop in the application_top.php and it should work.

I don't know what that refers to. I didn't write it. But when I try it here, all of the attributes are showing as expected.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Jack,

i've tried to add this contribution on a fresh install of oscommerce, and special price is not working in attribut table. It just show the standard price, not special.

I just tested it and you are correct. Funny that no one has noticed that before. I don't have a quick fix for it though but I will add it the list for the changes to the next update.

Jack

Hello Jack,

After sometimes gone, i've decided to give another shot to that prob and see if i can find a solution myself.

Actually i've come across "a partial solution"

I can now have the specials price show correctly in the table of this contribution, but i still have a problem with else/if when writing the last part for the non specials prices.

I explain a bit better. actually this is what i've for showing special price correctly.

I changed

if ($products_options['price_prefix'] == '+') {
          $price_with_attribute = ($product_info['products_price'] + $products_options['options_values_price']);
} else {
   $price_with_attribute = ($product_info['products_price'] - $products_options['options_values_price']);
   }

to

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
          $price_with_attribute = ($new_price + $products_options['options_values_price']);
} else {
          $price_with_attribute = ($new_price - $products_options['options_values_price']);
           }
            }

That way any special price is showing correctly. But there is code missing wich get the non specials price and this is there i've the problem. If i code something like

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
          $price_with_attribute = ($new_price + $products_options['options_values_price']);
} else {
          $price_with_attribute = ($new_price - $products_options['options_values_price']);
       } else {
          $price_with_attribute = ($product_info['products_price'] + $products_options['options_values_price']);
} else {
   $price_with_attribute = ($product_info['products_price'] - $products_options['options_values_price']);
           }
            }
             }

or any other way, like changing order like

} else {
       } else {
} else {
           }
            }
             }

or some other i've tried, i always end with a syntax error on the second or third } else {

I believe error is not big and it shouldn't be hard...im just not good enough to understand wich caractere or word is badly formatted or what is missing.

Also such code "i written" is probably pretty badly written for a php coder wich know exactly what he is doing.

But if u have any suggestion to write second part, i ll take it.

Right now i can make works specials price wich is only the first part of code (first two $price_with_attribute =), but after thatanything i try else get syntax error on else or show me normal price with 0. so i must have mistake somewhere.

i've advanced some on this issue, so i thought i may send something here, and u may be able to give some suggestion

Thank you for your time

Fabien

Edited by Lgn.Magic

Try this. Find

Add before it

$new_price =  tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id']);
           $product_info['products_price'] = ($new_price > 0) ? $new_price : $product_info['products_price'];   

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

As always, fast and smart!! The piece of code you posted is working like a charm. Both specials and normal prices are now displaying correctly in the table.

Double check me on a fresh install to make sure it's working, if you're going to post the change on the contributions sections since i've a heavily moded store.

Thank you again for your time and work. you're THE man :)

Regards, Fabien.

• 1 year later...

Hi Jack,

In 2.3.1, the only thing that shows are "Option Model Price Quantity", but no actual options/checkboxes. Do you know what needs changing to get this to work on 2.3.1, as this is such a really useful contribution, and it would really help me out (and many others too I think) to get this working.

Many thanks,

Ian