• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Qty Product Info

Jack_mcs

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys! Is this mod extendable? For a clothing store I want a grid with sizes vs colors and then customers can fill in what they need in the grid. This looks like the same but then with only one attribute.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I just installed this contribution and everything seems to work fine except when a customer purchases an item the total amount in stock goes down but the attribute quantity does not change?? Anyone have any ideas as to why this would be. I installed the latest add to this contribution.

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi guys,

Never mind, I figured it out. Was a mistake I made on the install of the checkout_process.php page. I skipped over the final step.

Thanks anyway and great contribution. Very simple to install unlike a lot of others!

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your previous reply. I just noticed another small error when I update a product in the catagories.php file and then submit it it sets the main stock level and the attribute levels to 0. Any ideas as to why it would do this? When I try and edit the stock level of the main product (Not Attribute) its blocked out so it shouldn't be resetting anything when I update the file?

Anyway any help would be great.

Jamie

Hi,

Well it seems to as it blocks you from being able to change the stock level of the main item when the attributes are active. I think that may have something to do with the error. It doesn't seem to do anything when you update a product with no attributes so I am thinking it has to be something with this contribution. Plus this only started when I installed this contrib. (Site is 4 years old) I hope we can figure out whats wrong as its the only error with it.

Thanks,

Jamie

The contribution doesn't change any files in admin so it can't possibly cause the problem. The categories.php file doesn't rely on other files, except included language ones, so it you can't update something properly in it, it is because there is something wrong in that file. You will need to find a working version of it, make sure you can change the value and then compare the two files to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, sorry, but my english is not perfect and i hope you understand what i mean!

So lets go :blush:

Jack, that a great contrib that you make, but i have a problem to work this contrib with the "price break" contrib.

I have my shop at http://shoppen.dyndns.org

and my problems you can see at

http://shoppen.dyndns.org/product_info.php...products_id=332

check it out! Its not a realtime Shop, its under construction!

When i put a product in the shopping cart, OSC put 1 item from all attributes in it. And the price break contrib doesn't work correctly!

Can anyone help me?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Ok, sorry, but my english is not perfect and i hope you understand what i mean!

So lets go :blush:

Jack, that a great contrib that you make, but i have a problem to work this contrib with the "price break" contrib.

I have my shop at http://shoppen.dyndns.org

and my problems you can see at

http://shoppen.dyndns.org/product_info.php...products_id=332

check it out! Its not a realtime Shop, its under construction!

When i put a product in the shopping cart, OSC put 1 item from all attributes in it. And the price break contrib doesn't work correctly!

Can anyone help me?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

No, I can't since I don't use that contribution. If the two don't work together, it is either because one as installed incorrectly or they share code that has to be merged.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I want that on the email sent to the buyers when finishing an order that it shows for each article how many article were sold so far by my site per item

or for example I have a item with a stock of 1000 pcs, is it possible when someone buy that it shows like this ... you're buying this item article and this is stock nbr 199 for example, and the next order will show you're buying item article stock nbr 200

can any one help.

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I need help with this contribute, I'm getting errors when I'm changing the code to adapt to what I have installed already.

What I am trying to do is create a price, quantity and size grid where the user can add to cart by clicking on the price.

So for each Size there is a set of quantity 250,500,1000,2000,5000, etc... The Sizes are for Paper A4, A3, A2 etc...

If the quantity was 250 and the size of paper was A4 the price in the Grid should be £250

I have tried using this contri but its coming up with errors and a quantity column that I do not need.

Also when adding to cart it ads to the cart on main page, but on going to checkout there is no products at all.

I really need a grid system in place, I have had this site for 4 weeks just sitting here.

If the basic code isn't working (you can't checkout properly), then a mistake on installation was made. You need to fix that part first.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just installed a fresh copy of the latest version of OSCommerce, both the catalog and database. Then I copied the latest version of this contribution into the catalog directory. The first product attribute does not get listed on the product info page. If there are 4 attributes, the last 3 are listed. If there are no attributes, no quantity box is listed on the product info page.

Any ideas here?

Mike

The code will only show the attribute if the price is greater than 0 so see if your missing attributes have a price of $0.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is very confusing.

I have made the product price $8.

The attributes I've added to the product are its colors. I'm not charging anything for a different color, so the attribute price is $0. When the attribute price is $0, the attributes do not show on the productinfo page. If I make the product price $0, and the attribute price $8 the attribute shows. However, if you look at the product in the product listing, it shows the price as $0.

Is this a flaw or is it supposed to do this?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

What's if 1 product have many attributes? May it show all on page ? I sell paint ! 1 product have over 100 attributes (about color). So, may we change the code to : pull down box but when chose 1 attributes, they will show the price (+/- or fix price) and the box to type quantity that customer to buy and show another new line with the drop down box ....

Paint for VietNamese :