• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No admin emails with order - help please

I, Brian

Trying to get my first install live, but when I run test orders there's no email sent to the site admin informing that an order has been made, and what the order is. The email address in the admin area is correct.

Could anyone please advise? Much appreciated.

I also need an answer to this as my install is showing the same symptoms.

I ran an order through using a bogus card and I did get an email informing me that my transaction was declined but nothing was sent to my admin account.

Same problem here. I don't care, charge me to answer but give me something.

Ebaby.ca - Toothbrush.ca - Halitosis.ca - Templatemonster.ca - Adultfriendfinders.ca

Trying to get my first install live, but when I run test orders there's no email sent to the site admin informing that an order has been made, and what the order is. The email address in the admin area is correct.

Could anyone please advise? Much appreciated.

Here's my checklist of possible problems re owner email:

1. email configuration in mystore email options - windows vs unix/linux:

Admin/email options for windows:

E-Mail Transport Method: SMTP

E-Mail Linefeeds: CRLF

Admin/email options for Unix/Linux/BSD/MacOS X:

Transport: Sendmail

Linefeed: LF

2. For vendor to receive middle cc digits: set email at

catalog/admin/modules/payments/cc.php for Split Credit Card E-Mail Address

3. for extra order email - sometimes this works when #2 above does not

Windows - [email protected]

Unix/Linux/BSD/MacOs name: <[email protected]>

4. Some email servers do a reverse lookup on email that is sent to it. Make sure the reverse lookup set correctly for this mail server so AOL and some other providers don't block the mail.

We also face the same problems, see the thread here... Seems nobody helps.. :(

How...

Its not that no-body helps it is some people don't help themselves

Not saying anybody on this thread hasn't already searched but you will be surprised how many people don't and just ask the question...

Some ideas

1. Now if you send a payment using a test card and it is declined then of course you won't get an email because the order has been declined and therefore not fulfilled.

2. Is anyone here using Paypal as their payment processor?

3. Have you contacted your hosting company to ask them if they have disabled php sendmail functions for some reason?

Please don't shout at me I am just trying to help ;)

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

OK, I used the e-mail test contrib.

When I send the e-mail with plain text, I get both e-mails back but if I send an HTML e-mail, I get one from the OSC class but not from the native php mail().

I wonder why the difference...

is php sendmail activated for the account? Is the sendmail path set in php.ini?

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

I found my problem, many people said so but I didn't believe until I tried. It is my host, for the last 2 weeks, without any notification they decided to desiable php mail() function. They told me that too many account were sending spam mail on the server so they cut it off. Not from even my accounts. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any more orders from my ecommerces.

From now on, I have to let them know if one of my site will be using a php mail form so they can allow the folder it is in to send mail. It is just insane. Hosting from Midphase.

I thought I had found the best hosting company ever, no problem for years, never down and quick support but that killed me.

Check it out with your hosting company, I bet that's the problem.

I hope it helps, and if you know of a reliable reseller host company, please let me know. I can't cope with this shit.

David

Ebaby.ca - Toothbrush.ca - Halitosis.ca - Templatemonster.ca - Adultfriendfinders.ca

I found my problem, many people said so but I didn't believe until I tried. It is my host, for the last 2 weeks, without any notification they decided to desiable php mail() function. They told me that too many account were sending spam mail on the server so they cut it off. Not from even my accounts. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any more orders from my ecommerces.

Ok yaya, I realise something. Last few months, my hosting server complain that my site was sending the spam from the mail.php. So, i contact back in this forums, and i already forgot who show me a contribution about the spam mail.

From that contribution, i had make many changes to the site's file. Just to avoid spam mail send from my oscommerce store.

Now, i'm really confuse, i need your suggestion before i contact my hosting site.

I may guess, the problem that cause my site can not send mail is related to the contribution i've use? Or that my hosting site problem, they just block something in my site?

If that related to the contribution, I SCARE, because that contribution ask me change lots of thing... :(

I really need suggestion before i move on.

Hello World! ^.^ I'm a Internet naive. Browse my working profile

Malaysia Web Services - OPerion Website Marketing System

I don't think it has anything to do with your contrib. Coz if you look, problably "forgot password" "order notifications" doesn't work. Check with your host had they will let some of your folder send mail so what I did I told them to allow my "shop" folder to be able to send mail and it works. All my oscommerce sites goes like this: domain.com/shop. Try that with them.

David

I don't think it has anything to do with your contrib. Coz if you look, problably "forgot password" "order notifications" doesn't work. Check with your host had they will let some of your folder send mail so what I did I told them to allow my "shop" folder to be able to send mail and it works. All my oscommerce sites goes like this: domain.com/shop. Try that with them.

David

David,

I did check with my hosting site, they claim this is not their problems, so what should i do. I also reply your thread here,

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry966440

smith

David,

I did check with my hosting site, they claim this is not their problems, so what should i do. I also reply your thread here,

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry966440

smith

Hi did you set the emails properly in the admin configuration? It needs the <> I believe. Check it out.

David

Hi did you set the emails properly in the admin configuration? It needs the <> I believe. Check it out.

David

You can see my print screen. I noticed that the problem is not in the email. It actually is from, (when it pass some parameter back to my site from payment gateway). Did you have a try in my site? www.pinkjambu.com

screenshotcd7.th.jpg

I hopes someone outside there can helps me. Thanks.

Archived