• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Just Got it Posted!!

Everything looks good as far as the design. A few comments though: Your logo seems out of place with the rest of your website. I would remove choose your language if you only offer a single language. Also, The TV screen that says Great Deals at tarojo, the words are hard to read as the blue blends into the black. Try adding a stroke to the text. Your welcome message is too close to the product categories infobox. Other then that I suggest adding SSL.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

I can't really see what your business is about. There's lots of products, but sometimes too much choice can be a bad thing. On first visit I can't see why I should purchase here.

Wanting to find out more about your business, I couldn't seem to find an "About Us".

Your "Contact Us" page only has email contactability. I think a phone number and/or physical address would help to legitimise the store.

Design looks fairly good, except for the points already raised by Andy above. :)

Love the red buttons.

Both the text inside the t.v screen & "Hudson Rocker" in the left column don't seem as professional as the rest of the site.

Maybe a more diverse range of products in the "Featured Products" on the home page would tempt me to browse your site more, as I see the Monitor's then a heap of jeans & a rocking chair but I ain't interested in those & couldn't be bothered to search for something I like.

I did however like the price on the dome tents, but with no images showing the inside, rear & side views I wouldn't purchase online, where are the windows exactly?

Cheers.

Removal of the google ad's as well as the "Free shipping" banner would also be an improvement.

you need ssl, mysql error on specials

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-6, 6' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from products p, products_description pd, specials s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC limit -6, 6

[TEP STOP]

and you need to limit the search results I clicked on new products and came up with 200. alot I believe are duplicate products so maybe your database is messed up ;)

Love the red buttons.

Both the text inside the t.v screen & "Hudson Rocker" in the left column don't seem as professional as the rest of the site.

Maybe a more diverse range of products in the "Featured Products" on the home page would tempt me to browse your site more, as I see the Monitor's then a heap of jeans & a rocking chair but I ain't interested in those & couldn't be bothered to search for something I like.

I did however like the price on the dome tents, but with no images showing the inside, rear & side views I wouldn't purchase online, where are the windows exactly?

Cheers.

Removal of the google ad's as well as the "Free shipping" banner would also be an improvement.

Thanks for your comment, the randmize feature i just installed so now whenever you go to the site it randmomizes the featured products automatcially... thanks for the input

I can't really see what your business is about. There's lots of products, but sometimes too much choice can be a bad thing. On first visit I can't see why I should purchase here.

Wanting to find out more about your business, I couldn't seem to find an "About Us".

Your "Contact Us" page only has email contactability. I think a phone number and/or physical address would help to legitimise the store.

Design looks fairly good, except for the points already raised by Andy above.

Thanks for you comment as well, i agree with alot of products but i just wanted to sell as much as I could!! I will think about that hard! The about us link is all the way at the bottom of the page, wich i should put up front and bigger! Thanks for the info on contact us page...

Everything looks good as far as the design. A few comments though: Your logo seems out of place with the rest of your website. I would remove choose your language if you only offer a single language. Also, The TV screen that says Great Deals at tarojo, the words are hard to read as the blue blends into the black. Try adding a stroke to the text. Your welcome message is too close to the product categories infobox. Other then that I suggest adding SSL.

Thanks to you too andy... I thought that about my logo but it took me forever to make :) Im not very good at designing logos, and do you have ne suggestions on programs out there? I am in the process of changing those pictures also. And i have SSL already. Thanks

you need ssl, mysql error on specials

and you need to limit the search results I clicked on new products and came up with 200. alot I believe are duplicate products so maybe your database is messed up ;)

Yes i know my database is messing up but i don't think it is that, i think it is my easypopluate module though!! LOL and I know aobut the specials I have to fix that also just realzied it thanks...

Thank you for that i didn't reazlise that....

Jon

Hi Jon, looking good. Looks like you have used a template, i might be wrong. If i am then well done with the graphics, nice and smooth.

It might be worth changing the amount of products displayed to say 10, otherwise you are forever scrolling down the screen.

Your credit card photo at the bottom of the page has a blue outline which looks out of place with your colour scheme. I think this is the link colour setting not set. To do this if using Dreamweaver, open up your footer, goto page properties, links and change the rollover link, visited link to say white. This should sort this out if i am correct.

Looks Good.

Adrian...

Hi Jon, looking good. Looks like you have used a template, i might be wrong. If i am then well done with the graphics, nice and smooth.

It might be worth changing the amount of products displayed to say 10, otherwise you are forever scrolling down the screen.

Your credit card photo at the bottom of the page has a blue outline which looks out of place with your colour scheme. I think this is the link colour setting not set. To do this if using Dreamweaver, open up your footer, goto page properties, links and change the rollover link, visited link to say white. This should sort this out if i am correct.

Looks Good.

Adrian...

Adrian,

Very good, i did use a template lol, its easier that way :)... I noticed that too at the bottom, and i did change the products displayed to 6.. I thought that as well... Thanks for telling me how to do that, i couln't figure it out... Any more suggestions would be great thanks...

Jon

Ok Guys did some things to the site see how it looks and feels now? Thanks so far, for the comments, everyone is helping me out alot thanks.. .

Jon

Archived