• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Products without pricing

mdstudio

I just set up an Oscom catalog for a client and they don't want to have any pricing on the products. I currently put the price at $0.00 for all products but would like to remove it altogether as it may be misleading.

Basically they are using it for B2B ordering and depending on who the company is or how much they order, they may offer a different price so it's not something that I can define in the pricing structure or customer level.

Hopefully this makes sense and there is a "work around" or mod that will work,

Thanks for any suggestions you might have,

Sean

I just set up an Oscom catalog for a client and they don't want to have any pricing on the products. I currently put the price at $0.00 for all products but would like to remove it altogether as it may be misleading.

Basically they are using it for B2B ordering and depending on who the company is or how much they order, they may offer a different price so it's not something that I can define in the pricing structure or customer level.

Hopefully this makes sense and there is a "work around" or mod that will work,

Thanks for any suggestions you might have,

Sean

Hi

You can set this up in your site admin area. Go to the configuration menu and set the 'display products price' to zero.

Hope this helps

Martin

Hi

You can set this up in your site admin area. Go to the configuration menu and set the 'display products price' to zero.

Hope this helps

Martin

Thanks Martin,

I already tried that and it only prevents oscommerce from displaying the product price in the catagory view. It still shows up in the product detail and on the front page.

Hi Sean

Yes, comment out this on the products_info.php page. It's line 93 in my file. That should take care of it.

echo $products_price; ?>

If the products price appears anywhere else that you don't want it(it may do) then do a sitewide search for the same line and comment it out.

Cheers

Martin

Archived