• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Salon Store

Atelier

Would like ya'll to check out my new site:

Atelier Salon

I want to warn you the site is very new, I have just almost finished adding products/descriptions/pictures. I have added the paypal payment method but is currently in sandbox mode.

Things to do:

-change from default template

-add SSL

-bypass login for payment

-add shipping, TOS, etc.

-finish adding products

I would really like feedback from everyone on what I have done so far (taken a few days to get to where I am at).

I also have a question concerning templates. Most of the templates in the contribution section pertains to changing buttons...I want to change everything! :P I have not downloaded BITS or STS (i think thats what the names are) but would like some general information as to what exactly those programs do (besides the programs own description). I am quite fluent in adobe photoshop and basically want to make a template there and transfer it to my site. How would i go about doing this??? THANKS!!

STUFF TO DO:

-change boxes on left side to desired style

-remove default mini pictures (cartoon ones)

-modify some of the text colors

-change text headings ("Whats new here" etc.)

-add shipping modules

-add credit card module that allows to stay on my site

-remove all or all but 3 of the "new products" at bottom of main screen

-change button styles

-add SSL

-add the products from TIGI

You should wait until your site has progressed before getting feedback as then we can provide the best feedback we can. Your site as it is is stock... my advice is give it an overhaul! Logos, colours, styles etc etc

Dan

Well, like I said in my first post, I would like some info regarding changing those things. Do I have to manually edit the code to get the left and right hand boxes where I want them? What is STS-how does it work, its purpose, etc.? and I would like to use Adobe Photoshop to design the layout for my site...how would i go about this and implement it using osCommerce? If the only way is through the coding then it will take me a while because although I can make my way around code and modify certain things, I am definately no php programmer...thanks

STUFF TO DO:

-change boxes on left side to desired style

-remove default mini pictures (cartoon ones)

-modify some of the text colors

-change text headings ("Whats new here" etc.)

-add shipping modules

-add credit card module that allows to stay on my site

-remove all or all but 3 of the "new products" at bottom of main screen

-change button styles

-add SSL

-add the products from TIGI

Like Dan has said, please post back later because as of right now there is nothing to review. You should start off with a header and logo design, get rid of the product count in your category, remove the stock icons and remove the language infobox.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

Archived