• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category Text in index.php

carpenoctem

I am trying to learn php.... and am picking it up quickly.

there is a line in the index.php file

echo ' <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";

I want to have pictures enabled on some categories, and not on others. so what i did on the ones where i did not want a pic was created a 1px X 1px image to display.... lets call it blank.gif.

On the categories where there IS and image (and it is not blank.gif) i do not want the '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . ' to appear.

On the categories where the image is blank.gif, then i want the '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . ' to appear.

I am sure that it is a simple if then statement... but i have no idea how to formulate it....

Can somebody please help??

Thank you

Mark

I am trying to learn php.... and am picking it up quickly.

there is a line in the index.php file

I want to have pictures enabled on some categories, and not on others. so what i did on the ones where i did not want a pic was created a 1px X 1px image to display.... lets call it blank.gif.

On the categories where there IS and image (and it is not blank.gif) i do not want the '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . ' to appear.

On the categories where the image is blank.gif, then i want the '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . ' to appear.

I am sure that it is a simple if then statement... but i have no idea how to formulate it....

Can somebody please help??

Thank you

Mark

Anybody???

Archived