• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Using two USPS Shipping Modules at once

florimonte

I've seen posted all over about using the insurance contrib with the usps shipping module. It's easy to add and works Great. Well kind of... It's either on or off- set by the ADMIN. Everyone wants a customer option... option. How about making a duplicate of the USPS module. One with the insurance off, and other with it on. Make a duplicate of the USPS.php language files to say "United States Postal Service" and the other "United States Postal Service w/Insurance" with the ability to check the button for the postage you like.

I tried to copy the USPS.php files (both in the languages and in shipping renameint to USPSInsurance.php) with not much luck. Chenged some vars in both to be different than the original, also with not much luck.

Just wanting to know if this can be done and what I might be missing in make a version of the USPS w/Insurance working along side of the original.

Help would be very welcomed to me and all that want to do this.

Thanks-

Thomas Florimonte

[email protected]

Edited by florimonte