• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Empty dropdown menu

KPGroup

Hello,

On the "specials" page in Admin, the dropdown menu to select products is empty.

Why?

When I add a special without selecting a product, there is a new entry in the "specials" database table but the product entry is zero.

If I enter the product id manually, then everything shows up fine in the catalog.

Ideas?

PS: I have 'fixed price for different currencies' installed. Basically I have another table (Fixed_prices) with prices in different currencies for my products.

Just for testing,

I installed the "select specials" contribution. it allows you to search for products instead of using the dropdown menu.

The search works but the fixed price for different currency feature doesn't work.

just a FYI, I will not go through all steps with you here, but that contrib is the buggiest I've ever seen. If you not a master coder, forget it. I still left the specials part untouched (you cannot set different prices for each currency, attention here!!) but got the other settings to work after many hours. I did not log the changes but it was MANY. I cannot even imagine how this module ever worked for someone.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Monika,

Are you talking about the "select specials" or the "fixed price for different currencies" contrib?

Thanks.

just a FYI, I will not go through all steps with you here, but that contrib is the buggiest I've ever seen. If you not a master coder, forget it. I still left the specials part untouched (you cannot set different prices for each currency, attention here!!) but got the other settings to work after many hours. I did not log the changes but it was MANY. I cannot even imagine how this module ever worked for someone.

fixed price for different currencies

it affects about anything you have on your site ... as it uses a completely new method for setting the price.

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I have it working on my site.

At least I think so ;)

Prices display correctly. Taxes are also calculated properly.

The only problem I encountered so far is with the specials.

Do you know any alternative to the "fixed price" contribution with similar functions?

Thanks in advance.

fixed price for different currencies

it affects about anything you have on your site ... as it uses a completely new method for setting the price.

more power to you :-) ... catalog seemed pretty ok to me also.

But specials, copying and a few other things we needed ... standard features, were broken.

(in addition, quick updates, supertracker .... any contrib will no longer work).

I did not know of another contrib ... actually I found this one at last minute. I would have prefered to custom code it but it was cheaper just to debug it so it is functioning (well minus the specials) for my client, so she went this route.

Monika

Thank you for the info.

i initially thought that the contrib was made to work with the specials function.

Now i have to think about what course of action I should take.

more power to you :-) ... catalog seemed pretty ok to me also.

But specials, copying and a few other things we needed ... standard features, were broken.

(in addition, quick updates, supertracker .... any contrib will no longer work).

I did not know of another contrib ... actually I found this one at last minute. I would have prefered to custom code it but it was cheaper just to debug it so it is functioning (well minus the specials) for my client, so she went this route.

Archived