• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Themed categories/changing the style

dumbassgeek

Hi,

I thought I may as well ask this question while it's in my head.

I have my site all designed, running etc but now I want to inject some style. Firstly I was concerned with getting it all functioning the way I want (still some tweaks in that dept but mostly it's OK). Now I want to spice it up a bit as the items I sell are quite funky/cutting edge and I feel the style of the site is letting down the quality of the items.

I have a new professionally designed banner which I think makes the site look a lot better and have adjusted my colour scheme to match with everything but the basic background is just offwhite(which I choose as it's simple and easy to read). But the off white is just a bit too stagnant (I don't want to change to a bold mad colour, something more subtle) as there is nothing going on. I need some way to inject life into the site. I could change the colour of the background but I don't think it would make much difference it would still be a big block or one colour.

I have been playing around with the product listings and changing the background of product listing table. I was thinking of having the background to the product listing related to the category. So each category would have a different background to the product listings.

I cannot see a way to alter the table depending on category. I can do it for all in the css but I'm not sure how I would go about changing the background/theme depending on the category if it is possible.

Any other suggestions how to Jazz up product listings and product information pages.

I use the template system to help design the site if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

dumbassgeek

Archived