• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin panel logs in without password!

I have a weird problem in that my admin panel logs in without asking for a password.

I've tried it on a friends computer (who has never visited my website) and we was able to go straight into admin by typing mysite.com/catalog/admin.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what this could be?

did you set your password via your hosting control panel?

No the problem is OSCommerce is not asking for a username or password. As in when I log into the admin panel, rather than bringing up a login page it goes directly into the admin screen!!

Clear your cache and restart your browser, or try using another browser.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Clear your cache and restart your browser, or try using another browser.

As far as I can tell OSC does not have any authorisation built in so you need to secure it by using htaccess if you are on linux, your hosting provider may allow you to set it up via a GUI

No the problem is OSCommerce is not asking for a username or password...

osCommerce has no problem in this regard :) - if you read the document (osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051112 Documentation), and/or have a look at the post-installation info on the knowledge base page.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

As far as I can tell OSC does not have any authorisation built in so you need to secure it by using htaccess if you are on linux, your hosting provider may allow you to set it up via a GUI

Hi,

Unfortunatly the host provides no such service, I do not have shell access to the server either.

What should I do, right now my shop is wide open and I have no idea.

I've looked through the knowledge base and manuals before posting on the forum.

1) Download WS FTP LE for free here and save it to your desktop. It's cheap, but it'll do for now.

2) Double click it, and then click next, next, etc., and install it.

3) Set it up.

Profile Name: Whatever you wanna call your website

Host Name/Address: yourdomain.com (no "www" in there)

Host type: Automatic detect

User ID: The user id your host gave you

Password: The password your host gave you

- make sure "anonymous" is unchecked, and "save password" is checked.

- leave 'account' and 'comment' blank

Using FTP:

Connect. The left side of the screen is your hard drive. The right side is your server. Use the arrow to the right to upload a file to your server, and use the arrow on the left to download a file to your hard drive.

Good luck.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Hi,

Unfortunatly the host provides no such service, I do not have shell access to the server either.

What should I do, right now my shop is wide open and I have no idea.

I've looked through the knowledge base and manuals before posting on the forum.

who is the host? basic password protection is normally regarded as essential. To give php and mysql and no ability to apply htaccess seems very unusual.

I suppose you coould ask him to password protect the admin folder for you, or change your host :)

Archived