• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to remove sizes?

romantix

:'( Hi,

I have used the EP Contribution to enter the information in regards to the products and the available sizes + prices. Now, when I want to remove some of the sizes alltogether - I can't find out how to do that. I go the Admin-Catalog-Categories/Products but all I get there are the actual categories and the products they contain. Selecting EDIT on the product allows me to edit certain things but doesn't allow me to remove some sizes I've specified in the EP file. I have a similar problem when I go to 'Products Attributes' - I can select a product on the bottom and then EDIT but that only lets me change the attributes to a different one or a different price. I'm sorry but I just don't see the option to remove sizes I no longer will be selling with that product.

Would anyone know how to do this please?

Thank you so much for your help :thumbsup:

Jan

:'( Hi,

I have used the EP Contribution to enter the information in regards to the products and the available sizes + prices. Now, when I want to remove some of the sizes alltogether - I can't find out how to do that. I go the Admin-Catalog-Categories/Products but all I get there are the actual categories and the products they contain. Selecting EDIT on the product allows me to edit certain things but doesn't allow me to remove some sizes I've specified in the EP file. I have a similar problem when I go to 'Products Attributes' - I can select a product on the bottom and then EDIT but that only lets me change the attributes to a different one or a different price. I'm sorry but I just don't see the option to remove sizes I no longer will be selling with that product.

Would anyone know how to do this please?

The only way I know of removing them, if you don't want to go through your database, is to go to the products attributes page in admin. Find the option value in the column on the right. Click edit. And leave that blank.

Example: If your option is "Size" and the size you are no long selling is "xxxxxxxsm". On the right Find the option size, find the one that you entered "xxxxxxxxsm" in, click edit and delete "xxxxxxxxxsm" and click update. It will probably leave a blank in your options drop down list but you won't have the size listed anymore.

Another way to do it is to put in the Attributes Plus contribution, it has great editing powers.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Archived