• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can osCommerce do the following?

xejn

1] Checkout system must work with both PayPal and online processing by Bank of America (Concord Payment Systems?client has account set up already). I think Concord Payment Systems is now First Data.

2] Order Confirmation system that creates a totally populated Order Confirmation which the client only has to review and click send. He does not want them sent automatically with no human review.

3] Client uses Quickbooks and and manual paper inventory lists and wants to keep it that way. They do not want the e-commerce script's database to do inventory, at least not from the user perspective, as they can restock from their suppliers so quickly that the buyer will never know they were out of it.

4] The items They wish to generate from the e-commerce script's database are:

a] Necessity:Pre-populated Order Confirmation with manual review before sending (as mentioned above)

b] Necessity:Pre-populated in-house paper order form (pick/pack/ship ticket) currently done manually

c] Necessity:Pre-Populated Shipping Confirmation (same as above, pre-populated, but approved by a human before it is sent)

d] Strong Want: Quickbooks compatibility?Pre-populated Quickbooks invoice or at least a form containing name, address, quantities and item numbers which I can cut and paste into Quickbooks

e] Necessity: Paper inventory forms for stock checking and review as well as manual correction

f] Want: Weekly summary of sold items by Item # and Size.

Thanks.

Hi Michael, yes, osC can be tweaked to do this. This is not standard behaviour though and needs a whole new section custom coded.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived