• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

running OSC on a different server

Hi,

I currently own a store w/o shopping cart and the OSC seems to be solution.

The thing is, there are hundred of items on my site and it would take some time to re-enter all the price and item description...

Is there an easy way to implement OSC as a supporting site and when customer click an item link on my current site then the item will be automatically added to the OSC shopping cart and customer can go from there?

any advise is greatly appreciated.

Bruce

i dont think there is a quick fit solution like you have suggested, i think the best option is to setup os commerce on a parallel test server add your products as you go along until your os commerce cart is as up to date as your website then switch from your old site to the new os commerce version.

Might even be a good idea to hire someone to do the data copy and entry for you.

Might even be a good idea to hire someone to do the data copy and entry for you.

Actually I don't really mind doing it myself, it's just time consuming and I wish there's better way to speed up the whole process.

Maybe import all the necessary data into the database manually instead of going thru the OSC Admin.

anyways, thanks for your input.

Archived