• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping Mall system

Aodhan

Hi richard

this might be an obvious question, but I have to ask it before we look at the code ... did you enable access to the categories in the top administrator's panel?

By the way, this thread is for the virtual mall system ... you might find your answer in the thread for the admin with levels module

Cheers

Stuart

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

when i try acess link stores in my admin area i get this error

Stores

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in c:phpdevwwwpireloadminstores.php on line 148

Stores Action

this is the line of admin/stores.php, now that is wrong here ?

line 148 $sInfo_array = tep_array_merge($store, $store_products);

line 149 $sInfo = new objectInfo($sInfo_array);

help i dont write one line in php :)

when i try imput one product i receive this msg error

1062 - Duplicate entry '1-1' for key 1

insert into products_description (products_name, products_description, products_url, products_id, language_id) values ('teste', 'asdfasdgfagasg asdgasdgasg asdg asg asga g', '', '1', '1')

[TEP STOP]

I have had similar problems with this mod ... I think its because it was written for an earlier 2002 snapshot of OSC, so the newer snapshots past Feb 2003 don't work so well with it.

I think somewhere in the forums is a note sayign that Aodoan is going to have a look at the newer stable snapshot when he has time. I guess that will be MS2.

additionally Ajeh and Cannuck (Linda Magrath and Peter Macgraph - no relation I think) have their versions of the OSC mall idea and they have indicated that they'll be looking at this for MS2

Good luck ... let me know if you resolve the issues or find another mall solution because I'm looking for one as well.

Cheers

Stuart

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There needs to be support for multiple companies as they do in ERP systems like SAP

eg.

enterprise->company code->plant->storage location

Stock/material should be stored under the storage locations of each plant which act as individual stores belonging to a single business unit.

Once the basic enterprise architecture is figured out, the rest just falls into place.

I think somewhere in the forums is a note sayign that Aodoan is going to have a look at the newer stable snapshot when he has time. I guess that will be MS2.

Yes, it will be for MS2. I (Finally!) have some time. I've downloaded MS2, and as soon as I play with installing it with a few mods, I will take my "mall" system and adapt it for MS2.

Right now I'm playing with getting MS2 up and running with the SID killer, all prods, paypal IPN, mo pics and admin levels. Oh, and the monthly sales tax and reports modules.

Aodhan

Hiya,

I've had a fair amount of success getting your package converted to MS2. At this point the only problem is that there is a stuffy error occuring at the checkout_process that is refusing to differentiate the products to stores ID and is sending a combined carts results through as belonging to the store used in processing the order.

I'd really like to get the final bug or two fixed on this as I think the rest of the source is running quite well

• 1 month later...
Hiya,

I've had a fair amount of success getting your package converted to MS2. At this point the only problem is that there is a stuffy error occuring at the checkout_process that is refusing to differentiate the products to stores ID and is sending a combined carts results through as belonging to the store used in processing the order.

I'd really like to get the final bug or two fixed on this as I think the rest of the source is running quite well

How is this coming along?

All in all quite good. We let go of the combined cart for a single reason-- there was no practicable way to alleviate extra shipping charges appearing on a customers bill. The combined cart simplicity for the customer is a compound problem for the mall admin because it assumes that someone or some process would then go and round up all those products and ship them in a single order. Since the process I began envisaged different shipping points and individual shop markups per item, this would in fact create quite a headache for the consumer as each parcel arrived seperately, with all the inherent billing attached.

Rather than do that, we've instead seperated the carts and offered the client two options for admin-- 1. we will manage the inventory for their shop by having them submit a preapproved formatted spreadsheet. 2. They can have their own limited admin control panel for their store that gives them access to individual customer /order and an osc-import routine for uploading the spreadsheet themselves. The first option offers a combined customer list so its pretty good for small businesses just getting started (our-priority since we are decveloping in a very rural and IT difficient/manufacturing/resource based economy). The second choice gets a unique customer table. The whole schmeer runs from a single database

The system has been ported to BTS and each store comes in at under 1 megabyte of files. The client selects an individual themes/language and currency for their store and then can control their text layout from admin (in version 2, above) or simply send the documents to us as they begin developing their store, as in version one.

I'm just waiting on my theme developer to come up with a handful of unique style-sheets to finish the process.

What files have you had to make changes to?

The reason I ask is that I will not require any of the checkout or account functions of oscommerce, so I was wondering if I would be possible to implement the contribution as it is or if it will need some changes still.

Are you able to make your changed files available?

Absolutely. but understand I have not prepared any notes or other assitated learning aids for this little fella, and the layout is completely tweaked. I'll post a set as soon as possible. I'm not sure if the oscommerce server is the best place, maybe you can advice.

not sure if the oscommerce server is the best place,
If you want to discuss it here, you have to upload it to the osCommerce server, as per the forum rules.

Hth,

Matt

Absolutely. but understand I have not prepared any notes or other assitated learning aids for this little fella, and the layout is completely tweaked. I'll post a set as soon as possible. I'm not sure if the oscommerce server is the best place, maybe you can advice.

All external solutions (contributions) discussed in the forums must be freely available under the GNU General Public License (GPL), and must also be freely available for download at the Contributions section on the osCommerce support site.

The Contribution section currently allows a file size limit of 300k. If your contribution package is greater in size, please ask an osCommerce team member to manually add the contribution package to the Contributions section.

Until your contribution package is addressed, and if bandwidth is not an issue for you, it is recommended to make the package available on a server without the requirement for users to register an account or to submit an e-mail address.

Postings regarding contributions that are not released under the GNU General Public License, or are not freely available, may be deleted without prior notification.

Matti

osCommerce Team Member

• 2 weeks later...
I wrote a multiple store system based on a store_code assigned to categories and products.

This, however, utilizes a single database with only one set of store owner information.

It was designed for a company to use on multiple domains, subdirectories, or pointed domain names. Each store is then assigned a store_id code.

Only products matching the current store_id could be seen on any given store.

Then, a single Admin is used to handle everything.

As the main store wanted all orders to be displayed for the customer regardless of which store they purchased from, Account History shows all orders.

The only difference between the store was the store face and the store names could be defined individually to appear on orders.

I do not believe this contains enough of what you are looking for as you want seperate store owner information for each shop.

But you can see this at:

http://www.thewebmakerscorner.com/allstores.html

The ALL store was setup to show all products using a store code that matched the others.

The other shops each have a unique shop_id.

Each Category and Product is then assigned one or more shop_id codes to determine which stores they can display on.

hi Ajeh i looked at your example, it looks like what i am about to try and do, can you desribe the changes you made to make this work please

James:

Change of plan. lol

I now need to have a combined cart. What do you think would be an easier option for me:

a. use your changes and try and re-introduce the shared cart? or

b. try and get John's contribution working with MS2?

John: any luck with updating this?

• 3 weeks later...
The virtual mall contribution will work as it is. You just have to figure out how to map line numbers and filenames (application_top changes are made in filenames.php and database_tables.php instead) to their MS2 equivalents.

I will try to remember to upload a revised version once I finish installing.

Hth,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.

James:

Change of plan. lol

I now need to have a combined cart. What do you think would be an easier option for me:

I am currently in the process of finishing two different websites, and getting them going. As soon as that is finished I will have a chance to play with it again. However, Matt (eCartz) is also working on an upgrade for it, and should be releasing it soon. The last 7 months have been utter chaos in my corner of the world. :D

Aodhan

The virtual mall contribution will work as it is. You just have to figure out how to map line numbers and filenames (application_top changes are made in filenames.php and database_tables.php instead) to their MS2 equivalents.

I will try to remember to upload a revised version once I finish installing.

Hth,

Matt

That would be great.

I am currently finishing of another project a t the moment anyway so I will wait for your update.

Thanks

James:

Change of plan. lol

I now need to have a combined cart.  What do you think would be an easier option for me:

I am currently in the process of finishing two different websites, and getting them going. As soon as that is finished I will have a chance to play with it again. However, Matt (eCartz) is also working on an upgrade for it, and should be releasing it soon. The last 7 months have been utter chaos in my corner of the world. :D

Aodhan

Thanks John

• 6 months later...

Archived