• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there an addon to do this?

I hope you guys can help me out. If not I have alot of work to do.

My site is selling incense. And as you probably are aware there are 100's of aroma's.

So for example if you choose Joie Hexagonal Incense. There may be 100 aromas.

I am looking for an addon that will allow the user to click on a aroma / Flavour of that particualr incense and then it will email me the order stating which flavour / aroma they have asked for.

Your help is appreciated in advance.

Dapper

This is handled by setting up product attributes. You can do that in admin->catalog->product attributes.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Good response but I would handle them as separate products or at least break them down to smaller groups. If she put "hundreds" of attributes under a single product, imagine the look on your face when you clicked that drop-down box.

:'(

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Good point. I will do it the way Jack has kindly pointed out but will also do some as seperate products as well.

Thanks everyone for your imput - and that she is a he.

Girls wanna be with me, men jsut wanna be me LOL

Regards

I wouldn't do them as separate products. The main product page would be the same except for a different attribute and that could get you into trouble with the search engines for duplicate content. Just create an attribute for something line A-M and another for N-Z and add the items accordingly. You can break them into as many groups as you want.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I wouldn't do them as separate products. The main product page would be the same except for a different attribute and that could get you into trouble with the search engines for duplicate content. Just create an attribute for something line A-M and another for N-Z and add the items accordingly. You can break them into as many groups as you want.

Jack

Thats a very good point and idea Jack. I have seen a site today that has done exactly as you have pointed out. A-M N-Z. Thats graet idea.

cheers for the input which at present in gretly needed.

Archived