• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installing the PayPal IPN

lonestar68

I am new to osCommerce, so bear with me. I do not understand how to install the PayPal IPN. Where it says

Copy the files in the directory structure set in the contribution download file to your osCommerce installation directory. Note: Be sure to also copy the new "ext" directory to the catalog root directory.

Where is my OsCommerce installation directory? And what files in this download are the directory structure? Where is the ext directory? I am so lost.

Help!

Edited by lonestar68

• 2 weeks later...

It is important to know your osCommerce file structure. The first thing to ask is "where is my osCommerce" installed? ftp://yourdomain.com/oscommerce/ (just an example) That is your starting point.

Basically this is an FTP process (or to you localhost, whichever you installed to) you will have a folder on your server where you installed osCommerce right? Inside that folder (what ever you named it), you will have a folder called catalog.

1. copy your "ext" folder and it's contents for the PayPal IPN module to the catalog folder. (/catalog/ext/)

2. copy the paypal_ipn.php file (/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/) to the same path of your osCommerce install.

3. finally, copy the paypal_ipn.php file (/catalog/includes/modules/payment/) to the same path of your osCommerce install.

Next you need to configure from the administration module. Follow the installation guide from there.

Hope this helps! B)

Don't give up. I see light ahead...!

you need to create a paypal develop account,

then create a fake business paypal account,

then create a fake user account.

then log in to your developer account. then your orders should automatically get redirected to the right portion of the sandbox

hth

you need to create a paypal develop account,

then create a fake business paypal account,

then create a fake user account.

then log in to your developer account. then your orders should automatically get redirected to the right portion of the sandbox

hth

oops, had to relogin then posted this in the wrong place. sorry if it didnt make any sense

oops, had to relogin then posted this in the wrong place. sorry if it didnt make any sense

No need to apologize. I forgot to set up a fake business account and only setup a fake user account initially. :blush: , you reminded me to do something I forgot to do! Thanks! :-"

Don't give up. I see light ahead...!