• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Buy One Product, Get Another Product Free

shawnm

I would like to offer a free product with the purchase of another product. I already have both in the database.

I would like for the cart to automatically place the free product in the shopping cart with a price of $0.00 once the promotional product is selected.

I have searched all the mods and the forums, but have yet to find this. I know of the Bundled mod, but I have tried this and doesn't work too well.

Thank you in advance for any help on this.

the easiest - and i say easiest...

could you just include the "giveaway" in promotional's title and discription?

example (if "Dice" was promo and "Pickles" was giveaway:

Dice + 1 Free Pickle

then include details in descriptrion

granted this may not be the best - but i'm not sure how prepared you are for php surgery...

if your up to it i'd suggest modifying the 'X rate for first item, Y rate for additional items' contrib...

Thanks for the reply. I don't mind doing the PHP work for it.

I think the mod you are referring to is a shipping mod?

I would like to have the mod notify the user when they are looking at the product info page that if you purchase this item, you automatically get this item free.

When the customer adds the item to the cart,... the mod automatically adds both items to the cart and shows that the free product has a cost of $0.

Is there a mod out there that can do this?

Thanks again.

you could try the dangling carrot contrib and adjust code that it doesn#t check for cart value but a special item in the cart.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived