• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GO DADDY SSL SETUP

sanchito75

:)

HI All,

Here is a quick installation tidbit if you purchase an SSL from go daddy.

1) If you are hosting your own site through another hosting provider or even at home be sure to do the following:

1A) purchase your ssl from go daddy

2a) Intall your SSL for your domain on your web server

3a) install the intermedite SSL. This is 100% without a doubt needed.

4a) To install the intermediate SSL read this link from

https://certificates.starfieldtech.com/AboutSSL.go

If you do not you will encounter trusted root SSL errors when using referencing https in any of your pages so be warned about buying SSL certs from go daddy and hosting outside of their hosting center. I learned my lessons the hardway and the error messages people were receiving about not trusting the CA probably drove away customers.....Good luck

hosting outside of their hosting center.
This is not a problem. I've installed doezens of certificates from them and they work fine. None of the accounts were with godaddy.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm completely new to SSL installation, and purchased an SSL Certificate from GoDaddy.com over 6 months ago while my site was being hosted by a different hosting company than the one I am using now. I wasn't successful in installing it at the time because my host was charging a lot for dedicated IP. 6 months later, I have moved to a different hosting provider. Will the SSL Certificate work with the new hosting provider? I recall I had to generate some code from within CPanel on the old host to generate the SSL Certificate, so now I'm wondering if my SSL certificate was generated specifically for the old hosting machine. Sorry if this seem so elementary. I didn't fully understand the useful information you had posted.

I found the answer to my own question above:

If you have an existing SSL Certificate created while your store is hosted on one server, you will need to generate a new CSR and rekey your certificate when you migrate to a different server.

You don't need to do this is you have access to the old key and csr files and your host will install them for you.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived