• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Displaying attributes horisontal

Kjolebutikken

Hi,

I need to display my attributes horisontally instead of vertically, both on product info page ( and in pdf datasheet if possible).

Can somebody tell me how?

Do you mean the drop-down boxes or the actual option-values?

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Hi, I mean the dropdown boxes :-)

goto product_info.php

Find this code:

<tr>
		  <td class="main"><?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></td>
		  <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute); ?></td>
		</tr>

Comment out the <tr> and the </tr> like this

<!--		<tr>  //-->
		  <td class="main"><?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></td>
		  <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute); ?></td>
	<!--	</tr>  //-->

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

goto product_info.php

Find this code:

<tr>
		</tr>

Comment out the <tr> and the </tr> like this

<!--		<tr>  //-->
	<!--	</tr>  //-->

Thanks, that worked beautifully :-)

Do you by any chance now how to do the same for the pdf datasheet generated from the product info page?

Also, I wonder if it is possible to show the attribute dropdownboxes in the order that I want ?

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Thanks, that worked beautifully :-)

Do you by any chance now how to do the same for the pdf datasheet generated from the product info page?

Also, I wonder if it is possible to show the attribute dropdownboxes in the order that I want ?

???

For sorting the attributes you should be able to use this.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1822/

The search in both the forums and contributions sections has some wonderful results in it. Try there and you will probably come up with many other options.

As far as the pdf is concerned. Pdf creates wonderful pages directly from html. I don't know the program or script you're using, but if I were, I'd take a look at it to see if there were similar lines in it and play with them.

MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For sorting the attributes you should be able to use this.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1822/

The search in both the forums and contributions sections has some wonderful results in it. Try there and you will probably come up with many other options.

As far as the pdf is concerned. Pdf creates wonderful pages directly from html. I don't know the program or script you're using, but if I were, I'd take a look at it to see if there were similar lines in it and play with them.

MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, thank you so much for all help. I will try your suggestions.

One more thing, even though your fix above made the attributes boxes display horisontally as i Wished for, a new problem arised. I have so many attributeboxes that the row of attributeboxes became too broad for my shop. You can see here:

http://www.kjolebutikken.com/oscdemo1/Ball...-ballkjole.html

Do you know how I can make two rows, the first with the names of the attributes and the secon for the attributes dropdownboxes with the values? LIke this:

Attributename1: Attributename2: Attributename3:

Dropdownbox for attr.1 Dropdownbox for attr.2 Dropdownbox for attr.3

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Ok, thank you so much for all help. I will try your suggestions.

One more thing, even though your fix above made the attributes boxes display horisontally as i Wished for, a new problem arised. I have so many attributeboxes that the row of attributeboxes became too broad for my shop. You can see here:

http://www.kjolebutikken.com/oscdemo1/Ball...-ballkjole.html

Do you know how I can make two rows, the first with the names of the attributes and the secon for the attributes dropdownboxes with the values? LIke this:

Attributename1: Attributename2: Attributename3:

Dropdownbox for attr.1 Dropdownbox for attr.2 Dropdownbox for attr.3

Hi again, no need. I figured it out. I installed the contribution justoneattribute, since I wanted the dropdownboxes for the attributes gone (I only have one opsjon for each attribute). With using your fix on the new code, it automatically showed up the way I wanted it.

Thank you very much for all help :-)))

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Archived