• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change size & appearance of font

RLW

Hello.

I would like to change the font type and size that is used as default for the shop. I have tried altering the font on the css stylesheet, but no changes are apparent. Am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks for help in advance

RLW

:)

Arial should be OK but it's highly unlikely that people have MyriadPro installed on their computers.

Info on standard installed fonts (for windows users) is here. :)

Thanks for that. Why then are the changes not showing on the web pages when I have altered the font on the ccs stylesheet.php page? Is it because I was doing the alterations through the front end control panel i.e. I clicked on File Manager then clicked through to the relevant file, and then clicked on Edit file, made the changes, and saved the file.

On opening, the web site, the changes have not taken effect. The fonts are still all just the same as they were.

Any suggestions?

Thanks heaps,

RLW

:D

Thanks for that. Why then are the changes not showing on the web pages when I have altered the font on the ccs stylesheet.php page?

if i take you at your word, then the problem might be that it should be "stylesheet.css", not .php as you've written.

assuming that was just a typo, a general answer based on my experience with stylesheets:

1. you may need to clear the cache on your browser before see the changes.

2. clearly, you have to have the fonts installed on your own computer, before you'll see them.

3. you have to make sure you don't have the preferences on your browser set to override fonts in any page and always display them in some other font.

4. remember the C in CSS = cascading. frequently, i'll think i'm changing something, and see no change, because somewhere else there is a more specific style in the stylesheet.

5. triple check that you have the closing semi-colons right.

i remember going slightly mad myself trying to get osC to display in the font i wanted.

if i take you at your word, then the problem might be that it should be "stylesheet.css", not .php as you've written.

assuming that was just a typo, a general answer based on my experience with stylesheets:

1. you may need to clear the cache on your browser before see the changes.

2. clearly, you have to have the fonts installed on your own computer, before you'll see them.

3. you have to make sure you don't have the preferences on your browser set to override fonts in any page and always display them in some other font.

4. remember the C in CSS = cascading. frequently, i'll think i'm changing something, and see no change, because somewhere else there is a more specific style in the stylesheet.

5. triple check that you have the closing semi-colons right.

i remember going slightly mad myself trying to get osC to display in the font i wanted.

Okay dokey, I cleared the cache, but still no change.

The fonts are installed on my computer, so that's not a drama.

Now, here's the thing. When I go to fonts on internet options and change the selected font, the page font changes. This must mean that for some reason the web page doesn't seem to be specifying a font for this page. How can I correct that?

You mentioned making sure the font isn't being over-ridden for that page. I'm not sure where to go to check that setting.

Here's some code from the stylesheet.css page. Does it look right to you?

.boxText { font-family: Arial, font-size: 8px; }

.errorBox { font-family : Arial; font-size : 8px; background: #ffb3b5; font-weight: bold; }

.stockWarning { font-family : MyriadPro; font-size : 8px; color: #cc0033; }

.productsNotifications { background: #f2fff7; }

.orderEdit { font-family : MyriadPro; font-size : 8px; color: #70d250; text-decoration: underline; }

BODY {

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

A {

color: #000000;

text-decoration: none;

}

A:hover {

color: #AABBDD;

text-decoration: underline;

}

FORM {

display: inline;

}

TR.header {

background: #ffffff;

}

TR.headerNavigation {

background: #bbc3d3;

}

TD.headerNavigation {

font-family: MyriadPro;

font-size: 8px;

background: #bbc3d3;

color: #ffffff;

font-weight : bold;

}

According to the OsCommerce Guidelines, all you have to do to change the text for the body of the os commerce site is to change the box.text information. I've done this, but nothing changes.

What am I doing wrong?

By the way, thanks for all the help so far.

Cheers,

Kerrie.

:D

Archived