• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need a little help with my shared SSL and OSC

dposborne

I was wondering if someone out there could help me out with this problem I am having with integrating shared SSL for my site.

I am hosted by Omnis.com

They placed an SSL folder in my root directory.

So right now my root directory looks like this:

etc

logs

ssl

stats

and within /www I have osCommerce installed

My shared SSL URL is https://wilde004.secure.omnis.com

There info tells me: Files for the above url should be placed in the ssl dir that you'll see when you ftp into your account.

They explain to me: To use Shared SSL you will need to upload the files that you want to be secured into the ssl directory referenced above. This includes any scripting files such as perl or php, image files can be either included here or directly referenced from your main site but relative links will not work when doing so. The ssl directory will need its own index page if you wish it to be browsable, alternately you can leave this off and a permission denied page will be displayed.

I have read through hundreds of posts on the internet about integrating Shared SSL, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it with this setup my host has given me. Most posts just say edit both of your includes/configuration.php and I understand this, but do I need to transfer any files into the SSL directory that my host has given me? If so what files do I need to transfer? Also what exactly should I modify my configuration.php files to read with this setup?

Any help in this matter would greatly be appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Hi, if you search the internet you can get a SSL cert for around 20.00 it will save you the headache of moving files to and from an SSL directory. Shared SSL is a pain I?ve been there before, unless you have the ability to create symbolic links or SSH access the whole thing is just a pain.

Look around for a reasonable SSL cert then all your folders and SSL will not need changing and can run from one directory. (depending on your hosting setup)

Hi, if you search the internet you can get a SSL cert for around 20.00 it will save you the headache of moving files to and from an SSL directory. Shared SSL is a pain I?ve been there before, unless you have the ability to create symbolic links or SSH access the whole thing is just a pain.

Look around for a reasonable SSL cert then all your folders and SSL will not need changing and can run from one directory. (depending on your hosting setup)

Would you happen to have any suggestions on a less expensive but reliable SSL Cert? Thanks for your time.

I was wondering if someone out there could help me out with this problem I am having with integrating shared SSL for my site.

I am hosted by Omnis.com

etc

logs

ssl

stats

There info tells me: Files for the above url should be placed in the ssl dir that you'll see when you ftp into your account.

They explain to me: To use Shared SSL you will need to upload the files that you want to be secured into the ssl directory referenced above. This includes any scripting files such as perl or php, image files can be either included here or directly referenced from your main site but relative links will not work when doing so. The ssl directory will need its own index page if you wish it to be browsable, alternately you can leave this off and a permission denied page will be displayed.

I have read through hundreds of posts on the internet about integrating Shared SSL, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it with this setup my host has given me. Most posts just say edit both of your includes/configuration.php and I understand this, but do I need to transfer any files into the SSL directory that my host has given me? If so what files do I need to transfer? Also what exactly should I modify my configuration.php files to read with this setup?

Any help in this matter would greatly be appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Now I am running into a problem with my host. They say that due to the way their servers are set up (clustered) they would have to assign a single ip address to my domain and they cant do that. So I can't even get a custom SSL Certificate. I guess I have to switch hosts now.

I know that there are a few files like the configuration.php files that I need to edit whenever I switch over hosts, anyone have an idea of what else may need to be changed? I would really just like to take a backup of my current store on this host, back it up, and upload it to my new host whenever I get the domain switched over.

I am hosted by Omnis.com

etc

logs

ssl

stats

Now I am running into a problem with my host. They say that due to the way their servers are set up (clustered) they would have to assign a single ip address to my domain and they cant do that. So I can't even get a custom SSL Certificate. I guess I have to switch hosts now.

I know that there are a few files like the configuration.php files that I need to edit whenever I switch over hosts, anyone have an idea of what else may need to be changed? I would really just like to take a backup of my current store on this host, back it up, and upload it to my new host whenever I get the domain switched over.

Archived