• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding FAQ page to Caterogies

MMH

Hello,

This is my first post and I've got to say that I'm real embaressed to be asking such a simple question but anyways, here it goes.

How do I convert one of my Category links from a Product to an info page like a FAQ or About Us. I know how to do it to the info box but can't seem to figure out how to change the Categories to links other than products. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Tom

Hello,

This is my first post and I've got to say that I'm real embaressed to be asking such a simple question but anyways, here it goes.

How do I convert one of my Category links from a Product to an info page like a FAQ or About Us. I know how to do it to the info box but can't seem to figure out how to change the Categories to links other than products. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Tom

in catalog/includes/boxes/categories

about 3 lines from the bottom find

new InfoBox($info_box_contents);

and insert this

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center" valign="top',
'text'  => '<hr><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');

You would need to change the FILENAME and BOX_INFORMATION to match what to link to.

make sure you have the filename defined in catalog/includesfilenames.php

and the box information in catalog/includes/languages/english/english.php

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

• 1 year later...
in catalog/includes/boxes/categories

about 3 lines from the bottom find

new InfoBox($info_box_contents);

and insert this

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center" valign="top',
'text'  => '<hr><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');

You would need to change the FILENAME and BOX_INFORMATION to match what to link to.

make sure you have the filename defined in catalog/includesfilenames.php

and the box information in catalog/includes/languages/english/english.php

hiya! i tried the above and i need some help please. here's the site. notice that the categories are divided and the don't share the same style, alignment etc. of the actually categories. What could be the problem?

thanks in advance

SPACE FOR RENT!

hiya! i tried the above and i need some help please. here's the site. notice that the categories are divided and the don't share the same style, alignment etc. of the actually categories. What could be the problem?

thanks in advance

HAHA!! I figured out how to do it!! Yes so here's what you do:

MAKE SURE THAT IN THE CATEGORIES.PHP FILE, YOU ENCLOSE THE NEWLY ADDED LINKS IN <UL><LI CLASS=BG_LIST>

So you're link in the end would look like this:

'<ul><li class="bg_list"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REFURBISHED, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_REFURBISHED .'</a></li></ul>' .

with REFURBISHED being the name of your new page :)

FINALLY!! So happy I got that done.

P.S >> the page source button is your BEST friend!!

SPACE FOR RENT!

Archived