• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with installation on local host xp machine

Ozguru

Hi i am using easy php to try and setup oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817

i have it to the point of showing the install screen with new install option or upgrade. I click on new install and get to the next imput area and leave the 2 boxes checked and click next to go to the database import and put in the details such as local host usename password and a database name and then click continue and thats where my problems starts and stops me in my tracks

i get hte following

New Installation

Database Import

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Access denied for user 'bryen'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Please click on the Back button below to review your database server settings.

If you require help with your database server settings, please consult your hosting company.

and thats it i know im making a stupid mistake some where .. can someone please point it out thjo this stupid P brain please

Hi i am using easy php to try and setup oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817

i have it to the point of showing the install screen with new install option or upgrade. I click on new install and get to the next imput area and leave the 2 boxes checked and click next to go to the database import and put in the details such as local host usename password and a database name and then click continue and thats where my problems starts and stops me in my tracks

i get hte following

New Installation

Database Import

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

Access denied for user 'bryen'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Please click on the Back button below to review your database server settings.

If you require help with your database server settings, please consult your hosting company.

and thats it i know im making a stupid mistake some where .. can someone please point it out thjo this stupid P brain please

Ok after a few more reading of the manual at the wee hour i found out where i made the mistake and fixed it

thanks for people who read but could not off any help

Ok after a few more reading of the manual at the wee hour i found out where i made the mistake and fixed it

thanks for people who read but could not off any help

Might be useful if you put a few lines about how you solved the problem for future readers searching.

I find this forum has a lot of help requests, Not enough solution replies or replies stating its corrected with no explaination of how.

Here's my two cents. I just went through the same problem this morning (got the same error messages, etc.). In my case, I discovered that the name & password information for the database had not been written to the includes/config.php file.

REASON: Turns out I had not finished the installation process!! The installation causes you to circle back around to the original dialog screen, which led me to believe that I was done, but I wasn't!

ADVICE: When you get back to the dialog where you started during the installation, KEEP CLICKING!! You are not done, and if you stop there, includes/config.php will not be populated with the config data you entered.

I get the same error and not sure how to fill out the following:

Database Server:

Hostame or IP-address of the database server

The database server can be in the form of a hostname, such as db1.myserver.com, or as an IP-address, such as 192.168.0.1

Username:

Database username

The username used to connect to the database server. An example username is 'mysql_10'.

Note: Create and Drop permissions are required at this point of the installation procedure.

Password:

Database password

The password is used together with the username, which forms the database user account.

Database Name:

Database Name

The database used to hold the data. An example database name is 'osCommerce'.

Persistent Connections:

Enable persistent database connections.

Note: Persistent connections should be disabled for shared servers.

Session Storage: Files Database

Can anyone help?

Archived