• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changed ip addresses, I cant see my site, some can, CAN YOU?

Rachael w.

I guess the loooong title says it all. If anyone could please just click into my site and tell me if they see the site or a plesk page I'd appreciate it. A simple yes or no, if you can see it or not will suffice.

Thank you so much for your time.

Hi Rachael,

Yes I can see your site.

Mark

Yes, I can see your site. Remember when you change IP address or NS although in many cases it happens instantly, it can take some time to propagate.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

I thought perhaps my issue was the dns also, but everyone outside of my own home can see it! I have flushed the router, my cache, cookies and so on, ran scans, rebooted, everything I can think of. I still cant see it!

This had happened once before but I cant remember how I fixed it.

Oh well, as long as everyone else can see it I'll be ok for now.

I thought perhaps my issue was the dns also, but everyone outside of my own home can see it! I have flushed the router, my cache, cookies and so on, ran scans, rebooted, everything I can think of. I still cant see it!

This had happened once before but I cant remember how I fixed it.

Oh well, as long as everyone else can see it I'll be ok for now.

It may be caused by the dns cache/server used by your ISP. It should be refreshed every 4 hours or so, but they probably have it set to 24?, 48?, ?? hours. You can contact them to see if they can access your domain, if not then that confirms it is their dns cache, they will need to re-get the new dns info and not keep using the old info.

From the UK

This is the Plesk? default page

If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured

or

2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.

For more information please contact Administrator.

Archived