• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS help PLEASE

crazydiamond

I'm currently using USPS Methods (v 2.8d) and I like the fact that you can restrict the methods of shipment. My domestic shipping is restricted to Priority Mail and my International shipping is set for Air Mail Parcel. I'm now looking for a way to offer the customer the choice of selecting and paying for insurance and have seen a few modules here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community?contri...mp;category=all

but am confused on which, if any, will serve my needs. I wish to keep everything the same but add the insurance (and signature confirmation) options if at all possible. I've found USPS to be very reliable and their Click & Ship desktop is very easy to use so I'm not ready to make any major changes with shippers just yet. However, I've had a couple of packages go "walk about" and never show up and since I don't offer an insurance option, that really leaves me on the hook to make good on delivery the second time around. If merchandise has to be replaced I ship the same way only I add signature confirmation and insurance myself. Obviously the biggest problem is that I have to replace the merchandise on that second delivery as well...OUCH :(

Is there an easy way to add shipping and signature confirmation to the current module I'm using----or even just insurance would be better than the current offering.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks

Tim

Archived