• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove Edit Shipping/Billing Address

cooch

Does anyone know how to remove the ability to edit shipping and billing addresses?

We are setting up a store where we pre-enter all of the buyers' info, and we do not want them to be able to edit it or change their billing/shipping info at checkout. I have done the simple thing of removing the "My Account" link from the header, but I can't figure out all the places to remove the "edit" links in the checkout pages...

any helpful hints?

cooch

You have to edit each page to remove the links. It is tedious but the only way. For example in checkout_confirmation.php this is what the link looks like to edit the Delivery address;

<?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_DELIVERY_ADDRESS . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?>

for you to edit this you would remove <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>

I would backup every file I was going to change first and edit each link one at a time until I was finished.

I hope that works for you.

Joe

You have to edit each page to remove the links. It is tedious but the only way. For example in checkout_confirmation.php this is what the link looks like to edit the Delivery address;

<?php echo '<b>' . HEADING_DELIVERY_ADDRESS . '</b> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>'; ?>

for you to edit this you would remove <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '"><span class="orderEdit">(' . TEXT_EDIT . ')</span></a>

I would backup every file I was going to change first and edit each link one at a time until I was finished.

I hope that works for you.

Joe

Thanks Joe!

Some of the files seem to have form buttons instead of the text links, like on the first page you come to during checkout. Any hints as to what code to look for on those?

cooch

Thanks Joe!

Some of the files seem to have form buttons instead of the text links, like on the first page you come to during checkout. Any hints as to what code to look for on those?

cooch

In checkout_payment.php look for;

<?php echo TEXT_SELECTED_BILLING_DESTINATION; ?><br><br>

then edit or remove;

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT_ADDRESS, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_change_address.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHANGE_ADDRESS) . '</a>'; ?>

If you look at these two examples you should be able to find the ones you want to remove.

REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST!!

Joe

Archived