• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can I adjust the center column pixel width?

skitchen

I'm trying to find where to adjust the pixel width of the center column. I've been looking throgh the forums but I must be searching with a bad phrase becasue nothing I'm finding is quite what I'm looking for. Any suggestions on where I can adjust the left center and right column areas?

I tried that and it does control the right column but the right column is the one I want to stay the way it is at the default 125. I'm trying to find where I can change the left column to 180, The mid column to 453 and then that final right column to be set to the default of 125.

Well I haven't tried this and I don't know if it will work but you can try and see how it goes

/includes/application_top.php

Find

// customization for the design layout
 define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)00

Delete and change to :

// customization for the design layout - Left column
 define('BOX_WIDTH_LEFT', 180); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)00

// customization for the design layout - Right column
 define('BOX_WIDTH_RIGHT', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)00

Now go to /index.php

At or around Line 53, Find

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

And change to

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_LEFT; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_LEFT; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

At or around Line Line 353, Find

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

And change to

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_RIGHT; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH_RIGHT; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

If you see any \0\0 on my code above just ignore them.

That will hopefully make left and right columns 180/125 pixels

If that works, you can take this one step further and make a new one for the center box (CENTER_BOX or something).

Then in the code in index.php (I would need to test to find which 1 but you'll have to do this) you need to find and replace the correct

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">00

and replace with

<table border="0" width="<?php echo CENTER_BOX; ?>" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">00

Maybe @ Line 51... I'm not sure, try it out.

Good luck

Archived