• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding osCommerce "Featured Products" or "Best Sellers" products to Joomla

NovemberDirge

Hello,

I posted this over at Joomla and received zero response. So, I figured I'd post it here.

I have a very basic -- but seemingly unanswered -- question. Is there a module or component out there that displays osCommerce "Featured Products" or "Best Sellers" boxes in a Joomla content item?

I'm looking for something less complicated than a bridge -- site owner doesn't want it --, but a solution that displays and links to my osCommerce store.

NOTE: I've done it by hand as a static content item, but it's a pain to update as new products are added and best sellers change.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

NDirge

Hello,

I posted this over at Joomla and received zero response. So, I figured I'd post it here.

I have a very basic -- but seemingly unanswered -- question. Is there a module or component out there that displays osCommerce "Featured Products" or "Best Sellers" boxes in a Joomla content item?

I'm looking for something less complicated than a bridge -- site owner doesn't want it --, but a solution that displays and links to my osCommerce store.

NOTE: I've done it by hand as a static content item, but it's a pain to update as new products are added and best sellers change.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

NDirge

Don't have time to try this out but why not just make a copy of index.php and strip out all the "requires" that you don't want such as header/footer.php, column_left/right.php and then use the Joomla wrapper (or one of the iframe extensions) to link to the page :)

Don't have time to try this out but why not just make a copy of index.php and strip out all the "requires" that you don't want such as header/footer.php, column_left/right.php and then use the Joomla wrapper (or one of the iframe extensions) to link to the page :)

Just realized that your talking about the side boxes - I was thinking about new products - but the idea's the same; make a copy, strip out what you don't want and link the new page in an iframe.

• 5 weeks later...
Hey, thanks I was thinking that... Just didn't know it's possible.

And I'm talking about:

1. Featured Products (or new products in the default install)

Or

2. Best sellers

Thanks,

NDirge

have you successfully integreated oscommerce with joomla???would love to see you site and see how it works...been looking to make the switch, really like the look of joomla

Archived