• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Please Select..." on product attribute dropsown list - how?

CutAndPaste01

Hi,

I've got an attribute list that offers T-shirt sizes. There is no price differential, but I want to be able to have none of the existing values as a default so that buyers have to make a decision to get a particular size - otherwise they just click through and everyone orders small t-shirts and we'd have to sort it all out later :-(

So my attribute would be a required field and the drop down would have a message of "Please select from the options below" as the first entry in the list. They couldn't proceed to checkput with "Please select from the options below" selected.

I've looked at a few Attribute sorters but can't find one that does this.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Simon

Hi,

Im looking for exactley the same thing as you except i want users to select a color, i posted today but not had any response, if you get any response let me know.

Thanks

Hi,

I've got an attribute list that offers T-shirt sizes. There is no price differential, but I want to be able to have none of the existing values as a default so that buyers have to make a decision to get a particular size - otherwise they just click through and everyone orders small t-shirts and we'd have to sort it all out later :-(

So my attribute would be a required field and the drop down would have a message of "Please select from the options below" as the first entry in the list. They couldn't proceed to checkput with "Please select from the options below" selected.

I've looked at a few Attribute sorters but can't find one that does this.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Simon

Archived