• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image order change

Chris Smith

A quick question, is there a contribution that will allow me to choose on which page an image is displayed e.g move one to page 1 and another to page 3 at the moment the images are ranked by the alphabet, I know that you are able to change ascend/desend order in admin but I want something which allows me to change the whole order. Before people moan that I'm being lazy I have searched and looked through the contributions but I thought someone may already know.

Chris :thumbsup:

A quick question, is there a contribution that will allow me to choose on which page an image is displayed e.g move one to page 1 and another to page 3 at the moment the images are ranked by the alphabet, I know that you are able to change ascend/desend order in admin but I want something which allows me to change the whole order. Before people moan that I'm being lazy I have searched and looked through the contributions but I thought someone may already know.

Nobody likes me. :'(

I know I had this problem and couldn't find any way to list items in any order other than alphabetical. What I did is created the category then within the category I created a new category, which I placed the actual item in, which could be sorted. So, this is how it looked:

Main Category (Autumn Flags)

Sub Categorys -these can be sorted in any order through the edit function

(Pumpkin)

(Leaves)

(Corn)

Within Sub Categories -indivdual items within any folder can only be sorted alphabetically

(Pumpkin)>(the actual pumpkin flag)

(Leaves)>(the actual leaves flag)

(Corn)>(the actual corn flag)

It is an extra step, but I too wanted to sort my items in non-alpha order. This is the only way I could get it to work.

Hope this helps you out.

Dan Abbuhl

Archived