• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Competitors viewing site

spencej

Hi My competitors check my site every day using a script ( i have their ip address ) and check all my prices and adjust theirs acordingly.

anyone have any ideas or know of a contribution that will add a percentage to prices when the site is visited from certain ip addresses

any help would be great

Thanks

John.

Hi My competitors check my site every day using a script ( i have their ip address ) and check all my prices and adjust theirs acordingly.

anyone have any ideas or know of a contribution that will add a percentage to prices when the site is visited from certain ip addresses

any help would be great

Thanks

John.

I think the best you can do is block their IP address.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

I think the best you can do is block their IP address.

Oh come on people! It's business if you are that scared of your competitor then get out, who cares what your competitors are doing, instead of worrying what they are doing you should direct your efforts towards the intangables e.g. brand equity, customer service, sourcing unique products etc is your products prices really that inelastic. Whatever next you wouldn't get McDonald's blocking their window displays just incase Burger King might see.

Archived