• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems adding new Categories

Ginfritter

Hello,

I have tried to add a new category to my website at http://ginfritter.coolbusiness.org/store and Now when I try to save a new category the database will not save. So the save button will not work. I have not changed anything to the page either in the admin site. What I did try to do was add in the new category, but I forgot to add in the the picture. I went back (it is a sub category of a larger category) to add the link to the category picture and then the site would not save anymore. I have 13 categories and many more subcategories. Are there any limits to the number of categories or subcategories? wuld saving tand then editing a subcategory cause this bug? Should I reinstall an older back up? I am worried about losing data from new customers since the last backup. I had a recent rush on the site.

Ginfritter

• 2 weeks later...

I just had this problem on a customers site and resolved it by changing their security settings in the browser. They were using Internet Explorer so went to:

Tools > Internet Options > Security > Default Level (medium) > Apply

Hope that works for you :-)

Hello,

I have tried to add a new category to my website at http://ginfritter.coolbusiness.org/store and Now when I try to save a new category the database will not save. So the save button will not work. I have not changed anything to the page either in the admin site. What I did try to do was add in the new category, but I forgot to add in the the picture. I went back (it is a sub category of a larger category) to add the link to the category picture and then the site would not save anymore. I have 13 categories and many more subcategories. Are there any limits to the number of categories or subcategories? wuld saving tand then editing a subcategory cause this bug? Should I reinstall an older back up? I am worried about losing data from new customers since the last backup. I had a recent rush on the site.

Ginfritter

Archived