• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need for Paypal IPN FAQ pinned section!

xpfilms

Hello everyone. I have a problem that seems very common. I read every article from 2003 on the official Paypal IPN site where several people reported a similar problem. However, there were dozens of answers, some that did not apply, some did not make sense, some just didn't work. So I after reading the board closely it is so clear that there are issues that keep repeating themselves and that users keep asking about. I think one solution that should be considered, which is common on other similar forums is to have an updated FAQ section for complex modules like the Paypal IPN. This way people could read the most effective solution to common problems.

I understand the nature of the community forum, and the forum should continue to work as a forum, but it is common and extremely useful (and a time saver for moderators and contributors) to have a FAQ and to ask new users to review the FAQ before posting.

I'm new here, so that is just a suggestion.

Now for my problem. I have Paupal IPN installed and works well However, one out of five orders, the order is transfer to the OSC and I receive the paypal payment receive email, but not order email is received, the inventory does not update, and the "Preparing [PayPal IPN] customer notified" order update is received on the order activity table.

Now, I have autoreturn set to ON with the proper url. This does not happen often, just 1/5 of the time. Anyone knows of a possible solution? I saw other people experience the same problem but I could not find an answer? Please help! NLD.

If you read the install file you'd realise that your "problem" is not a problem but the way that IPN works - it's not a solution to the "no order email" problems, it's a workaround.

Only if customers return to your site is an order email sent & product inventory updated. But with the IPN at least you still have a copy of the order & know it's been paid. For orders with no email you will need to manuall update your inventory.

NB: With PayPal you have no way of forcing people to return - if they don't click the link, there's nothing you can do.

All this info is in the contribution download in the install guide.

Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **