• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trouble with categories boxes

a4avaiz

hello

basically, i wanted two categories boxes on my OSC homepage, the default right one in english (included in column_right.php) and a category box on the left in a foreign language (included in column_left.php).

i have linked the left catergory box to a different product and product description table(TABLE_OTHER_CATEGORIES)and (TABLE_OTHER_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION). I have also referred these databases in database_tables.php.

when i first did this, i got an error with tep_show_category stating that the function cannot be defined again so i renamed that function. now i cant get the left category box to get displayed. the strange part is when i comment out include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php') from column_right.php the left category box gets displayed!.

how can i display both the category boxes?

thanks in advance.

Well it could be possible but here wha tyou would have to do:

Add the Catagorie codeing to english.php name the box say Catagories_German. Then insert the german copy the catagorie box from the german files then re-name it Categories_German.php and upload might workj thata a guess though.

Well it could be possible but here wha tyou would have to do:

Add the Catagorie codeing to english.php name the box say Catagories_German. Then insert the german copy the catagorie box from the german files then re-name it Categories_German.php and upload might workj thata a guess though.

You could do this with the category box, but you would have to hard code the default language code into the box. This really wouldn't be much help, because when someone clicked on the German menu, they would get an English page unless you reitterated the function to change the default language. Remember, the default language is built into and read in each module by "\$language"

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Archived