• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change Product Price

gosurf

I added my first product with its price and quantity on hand only to discover that the price displayed are now unit price times quantity on hand.

What am I doing wrong. Where do I fix it.

Gosurf

It sounds like you have a contribution installed that provides such a feature. Either a setting is incorrect or the code is wrong for it. osC does not provide that functionality by default.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Thanks Jim

What I need to do is delete the price so I can correct it.

The add product allows me to fill in a price and a quantity. Which I did.

But instead of displaying the price of the product, it displays the price x quantity.

Are you saying that in Admin > Catalog > Categories / Products when you add a new product the quantity is being appliced against the price and that total is being entered as the product's price?

If the above is correct then you have something wrong with your admin/categories.php file. You should consider replacing it with a fresh copy of that file or find the coding error.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

I figured out my mistake.

When I set up my currency which is ZAR I figured I should set the exchange value to the US$ which is roughly 7.7 to the $.

My quantity were 8 so it semmed like it is multiplying by quantity instead it was multiplying with the value I set in my currency.

But thanks for your time and help.

Regards

Gottlieb

Why not just click the Update Currencies button and obtain the actual value?

Archived