• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

google bot

bill110

Will disableing spider sessions negativly affect google indexing?

They had 4 sessions at one time with over $500 in each cart. Our most expensive product is $30!

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

I had the same thing happen in my site. Googlebot had over $3,000 worth of stuff in the cart. I had watched it for a few consecutive days and every day the cart got bigger and bigger.

I set Prevent Spider Sessions to True and that took care of that.

Everything I've read about that says it will not affect indexing and it certainly won't prevent them from crawling your site as they're in mine as I speak.

There have been a few nutty posts in this forum about it. I remember one person flatly said you'll never be indexed again, but; everything else I've read about it says that preventing spider sessions is fine.

It is rather curious, though, how the default setting after install is set to False. I wonder why...

I had the same thing happen in my site. Googlebot had over $3,000 worth of stuff in the cart. I had watched it for a few consecutive days and every day the cart got bigger and bigger.

I set Prevent Spider Sessions to True and that took care of that.

Everything I've read about that says it will not affect indexing and it certainly won't prevent them from crawling your site as they're in mine as I speak.

There have been a few nutty posts in this forum about it. I remember one person flatly said you'll never be indexed again, but; everything else I've read about it says that preventing spider sessions is fine.

It is rather curious, though, how the default setting after install is set to False. I wonder why...

Thanks for the reply. I havent got a sitemap installed nor a SEO contribution yet and did not want them to stop crawling.

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

Archived