• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

what do consumers want to see ?

rommany

Hello All

My site is doing ok but im sure it could be doing better, i have heard of marketing companies that send would be shoppers to your site then they report back with what product they would like to see more of.

Should i go this way or have an in house voting poll, this would save me money but not really give me a bigger picture, but a plus for the in-house poll is that its real hits and not just people getting paid for marketing :blink:

What do you do to get this info ? and has anyone tried a marketing company and if so how did it go for you.

Have a great weekend. :thumbsup:

Kind regards

David

• 3 weeks later...

Send me your URL in pm, ill give you some honest feed back on your web page/shop

Basic Things you need for a OSC shop...

Fair Price, No Hidden Fees, Honesty, Good/Clean Content, Return Policy, Warranties, Up front shipping costs, Products in stock, Great Customer Service.. (there is more to this list)

What a customer really wants...

Everything Cheaper then you have it now

Free Shipping

A 365 Day Return Policy regardless of what it is.

100% Money Back Guarantee

Discounts, Coupons, Free Stuff

:thumbsup:

Thanks Dusty,

My URL is in my card list, i offer most of what you said, what im really looking for is people that come to my site are looking for my kind of product but are not buying because i do not have the product they want and thats what info im looking for what they are really looking to buy, like designer clothing or more choice of clothing and so on.

I guess my store is trust worthy and offer fair prices and so on as i do get large orders between ?300-?500 every other day and you would not be doing that unless you trust the site.

Thanks again dusty

Thanks Dusty,

My URL is in my card list, i offer most of what you said, what im really looking for is people that come to my site are looking for my kind of product but are not buying because i do not have the product they want and thats what info im looking for what they are really looking to buy, like designer clothing or more choice of clothing and so on.

I guess my store is trust worthy and offer fair prices and so on as i do get large orders between ?300-?500 every other day and you would not be doing that unless you trust the site.

Thanks again dusty

I use a poll on one of my site. I use it to find how people have heard of us. If they like the website etc and it has proven to be a good source of info for us.

mikestackleshop

- Loads of Fishing Gear

I have used polls also but who knows who is being honest and who isn't... anyone can make a account and just submit a feed back to you. To me my customers are first.. I am not sure how easily it is for you to get products but If a customer request for something try to get it for them.. special orders come with special prices.

This is what I have done to get the best feed back from my customers.

First: make a email address [email protected]

The simple way, make a sub directory on your web page call it /feedback

Doesn't need to be fancy or anything or even password protected... (You can if you want) I just keep spiders and robots out if it.

Make a simple poll... 1 to 10 scale 1 being the worse 10 being the best and make some questions.

Was everything easy to find:

How are my prices:

Shipping Costs:

Anything you want to ask...

Once a person has bought something from me and I know for sure they have received the product I send them a thank you for shopping with us email. I have a basic template set up nothing special (and yes I send them all out myself not letting some computer program do it) asking them to come fill out my feedback page. Any true customer will fill it out, just don't make it any longer then 5 mins to fill it out, have them include there email address and order number... or choose to remain anonymous if they want.. Once its fill out it will be sent to you.. then you can read them over.. and you can send them rewards.. like save 10%/free shipping so on.. You can even say "Fill out my feedback forum and save 10% off your next order"

Yes it's a lot of work and yes you can mostly make this some big automatic thing so you don't have to type anything, but I like doing it this way =)

Hope this helps...

Archived