• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multishop database changes

flapJack

Further to my post a few weeks ago, I still haven't been able to get my database situation cleared up.

Briefly, I am trying to set up 2 stores, plus a couple of other things, using the 1 database. Some of the db tables will be common to the whole site, where tables such as categories, products, etc are to be unique to each store.

Have looked at the Multishop contrib but it does not quite suit due to fck editor, BTS, and other thingys in there.

I have changed the defines for the db tables in both database_tables.php files.

So I could get on with other things on the site, I temporarily added a 'normal set of tables without the prefixes I have put onto the tables to be separated.

I opens fine. The funny thing now is that once it has opened, it will read the altered tables correctly. I placed some catregories and products in the altered tables, but nothing in the default tables. These categories and products are showing up.

This requirement to have the default tables in the db seems to be restricted to when the page is first opening. Once open, it seems to run fine.

Where do I look to find the calling of the table rather than calling of the define.

Thanks all

Archived