• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Interface!

I know you heard this 4734287234 times for now, so it won't hurt to help another angry guy... OScommerce is amazing, but there is a lack of understanding in how to configure the interface of the website.... I downloaded the Index.php from server, and didn't know what to edit...

anything about how to change the interface layout?

There's 4734287234 ways to 'configure the interface' :) , if you do a search on this forum and/or have a look at the contrbutions page of this website, and if you understand what are being talked about. for they may not use the word 'interface', but rather layout, template etc.

Ken

I know you heard this 4734287234 times for now, so it won't hurt to help another angry guy... OScommerce is amazing, but there is a lack of understanding in how to configure the interface of the website.... I downloaded the Index.php from server, and didn't know what to edit...

anything about how to change the interface layout?

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

Thanks, but that didn't help as we have loads of topics, any MOD or smth can provide help.... just the layout or template or whatever it is called, I need to change it and cofigure it...how? and remove the sever message on the first page of the shop...

Helloooooo.... please :(

As there's count-less ways of changing the 'look' of osC, some are simple while others are not so simple, and it's not clear what you want to change. But as a starter, you could download a copy of the osC document (osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051112 Documentation) on the download page of this website, and read through it, you'd get some basic idea of how osC works and how to make some simple changes.

And what is your ' server msg'?

HTH

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

The one that go on www.mywebsite.com/shop

where it talks about error messages and administrator tools security... and i still can't get it on how to change the "look"!!

Archived