• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem sending emails

jbistuer

Hi everybody,

I'm developing my virtual shop in my local PC and when I try to send an email or confirm an order I get the error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in c:\ecastell\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\ecastell\catalog\includes\languages\catalan\tell_a_friend.php:39) in c:\ecastell\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what is happening.

Any suggestion, please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jordi

• 2 weeks later...

Darn, I was searching the forum to find the answer to this problem, seen this got excited, until I realized no one had posted a response yet.. Well I as well am looking for an answer to this problem.

OSC installed on a local machine running apache. I also run a mail server on that same machine, only my mailserver is mail.wrongwayacc.com not localhost. The second error is also a little different..

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "mail.wrongwayacc.com" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Apache\Apache2\htdocs\wrongway\acc\admin\includes\classes\email.php on line 525

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Apache\Apache2\htdocs\wrongway\acc\admin\includes\classes\email.php:525) in C:\Apache\Apache2\htdocs\wrongway\acc\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 22

Maybe me and this person have the same problem? anyone have an ideas. I will keep searching on though just in case the answer is further back.

Archived