osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CSS Menu

fear4me

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can i do, so it take the css fra the stylesheet file. ??? is direct in the file now.

Just cut the part between:

<style type="text/css">

and

</style>

and paste it into stylesheet.css.

Then the above tags can be removed from categories_css.php

Roger

Edited by fear4me

I really like you CSS Menu. I installed it last night and it works great. Thanks for the contribution.

I do have a question. I know nothing about CSS but is there a way to make it only do the first subcategory and not any other sub category after that? Also instead of flying out to the right or left can it be a vertical pull down (for lack of a better term)?

Here is an example site with categories that pull down.

http://www.flashdesigntemplates.com/imageviewerplus_xl/

Click on the "Launch popup screen" selection and then take a look at there categories and you will see what I mean.

Thanks

Ya you can hide cats with 0 prods:

Find the first section:

while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {

if ($parent_id == '0') {

$categories_array[] = array('id' => $categories['categories_id'],

'text' => $indent . $categories['categories_name']);

} else {

$categories_array[] = array('id' => $path . $parent_id . '_' . $categories['categories_id'],

}

CHANGE TO:

if (!tep_count_products_in_category($categories['categories_id']) == 0) { // line added do not show categories with 0 products mod

if ($parent_id == '0') {

$categories_array[] = array('id' => $categories['categories_id'],

} else {

$categories_array[] = array('id' => $path . $parent_id . '_' . $categories['categories_id'],

}

} // line added from do not show categories with 0 products mod

Find the next section:

if ($start_path == '') {

$grouppath = $categories['categories_id'];

} else {

$grouppath = $start_path . '_' . $categories['categories_id'];

}

$cPath_new = 'cPath=' . $grouppath;

CHANGE TO:

if (!tep_count_products_in_category($categories['categories_id']) == 0) { // line added do not show categories with 0 products mod

if ($start_path == '') {

$grouppath = $categories['categories_id'];

} else {

$grouppath = $start_path . '_' . $categories['categories_id'];

}

$cPath_new = 'cPath=' . $grouppath;

And lastly find:

$returnval .= "<li><a href='" . $categories_string . "'>" . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/arrow_red.gif', 'Available Selections', '4', '8') . '  ' . $categories['categories_name'] . "</a>";

CHANGE TO:

$returnval .= "<li><a href='" . $categories_string . "'>" . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/arrow_red.gif', 'Available Selections', '4', '8') . '  ' . $categories['categories_name'] . "</a>";

} // line added from do not show categories with 0 products mod

Thanks...excellent contribution! :thumbsup:

Only problem i've got :

When i enable sts, my categories is not displaying correctly anymore.

With STS enabled i've edited file : sts_column_left.php (categories.php to categories_css.php)

When i disable STS, everything displays 100% again!

Any help!

Thanks

Thanks...excellent contribution! :thumbsup:

Only problem i've got :

When i enable sts, my categories is not displaying correctly anymore.

With STS enabled i've edited file : sts_column_left.php (categories.php to categories_css.php)

When i disable STS, everything displays 100% again!

Any help!

Thanks

Unfortunately I haven't got the time to test using STS. I'm not sure how STS exactly calls the categories-menu. What do you see when you include CSS Menu in STS? Do you have an URL?

Great Contribution, as it just displays categories at the moment, does anymore plan to take this down to product level, be nice to have the complete inventory of products under the list.....

or am i missing something :)

I think it would be useful that when someone finds their way through the menu to the spot they're at, the category they're in expands just like the original osc menu (like it shows all the subcategories underneath) so they dont have to navigate through the menu just to let's say, go to another subcategory in the same category. This make sense? :)

I don't really want the CSS Menu now, but I'd like to keep the option of turning off menus with no products. Is there another contribution that does this, or can someone help me take out the necessary code and put it into my 'categories.php'?

Thanks!

Lisa

PS - this is a great contribution, I just cannot get it to work with the 'Simple Template System' contribution.

Hi & thanks for this contribution. It has been very easy to install with brilliant functionality.

I have an issue using it though, it's not cos of the actual coding but just because of the way my site is setup.

The issue I am having is that I have an iframe which displays a gallery on the main page and although the menu works perfectly, when I get certain sub-categories inline with my iframe, they display but get hidden behind the iframe.

Is there a setting either in this menu or maybe in the iframe that i can adjust to make the menu stay in the foreground so it doesn't get hidden?

Any suggestions would be apprecited.

To see the issue I am having you can visit my test site

Visit demo site to see issue

Hi & thanks for this contribution. It has been very easy to install with brilliant functionality.

I have an issue using it though, it's not cos of the actual coding but just because of the way my site is setup.

The issue I am having is that I have an iframe which displays a gallery on the main page and although the menu works perfectly, when I get certain sub-categories inline with my iframe, they display but get hidden behind the iframe.

Is there a setting either in this menu or maybe in the iframe that i can adjust to make the menu stay in the foreground so it doesn't get hidden?

Any suggestions would be apprecited.

To see the issue I am having you can visit my test site

Visit demo site to see issue

First I want to say, "awesome site, WOW",

Second, I'm having the same problem. Can anyone helps us?

I'll release version 0.2 today with the option build in to show / hide subcategories with 0 items. I also added a cache-part, so the menu gets cached by osCommerce (thanks to 100asa).

CSS_MENU v0.2

I installed today the recent V2 and noted that it don?t work properly in Firefax 1.5.0.7 . V1 works great.

Andrew

CSS_MENU v0.2

I installed today the recent V2 and noted that it don?t work properly in Firefax 1.5.0.7 . V1 works great.

Andrew

I also noted that the addition of the empty category in version 0.2 doesn't work properly... you could switch the empty-category option and the script should work again, but will show all categories, the empty ones included. I'll try to fix it this week.

In a category with all the products inside disabled and the option to show empty categories set to true, the category still stays hidden.

Not an issue for me because I like the categories being hidden, just letting you know that setting the option to true doesn't work. Unless I screwed up. I just overwrote the newer version with my old version without looking at the readme.

Edited by yatahaze